Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prosnd

Re: CBS won't load despite deleting & adding channel

Dec 9 2022 and I still can't get the new CBS app to work.  I've deleted,  restarted, updated and changed zip code many times.   Very frustrating.   Anybody got any other ideas?

I can't get CBS to load on my Roku tv, but it will on my phone, I've tried everything.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Prosnd @shellhunt454

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hateloudads
Channel Surfer

You're better than Roku chat support!!!  That worked!!!  Thank you!!!!

Bayviewbeach
Channel Surfer

What worked? 

hateloudads
Channel Surfer

Scrolling over to the bottom left the of the CBS app, signing out, then signing in again with my cable provider, which is Xfinity.  I still got an error message that my cable provider hasn't set up live streaming, but that I could still watch recorded shows.  However, live streaming works fine.

hateloudads
Channel Surfer

I thought I was responding directly to makaiguy, from page 1 in this thread, but my reply went to page 4.  Thank you, makaiguy!!!!!  It was his idea to sign out on the CBS app, and sign back in with my cable provider.  Now I need to do it on all my Roku devices, where CBS hasn't worked for close to a year.

Lulu425

Tried that and still get error message. I contacted CBS so will see what they come back with. Thanks - Lynda

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Lulu425

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the CBS channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting CBS Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna  

0 Kudos
BertCalif
Reel Rookie

I think I discovered the answer. Go to the channel (CBS) on your Roku device. add if you haven’t, the channel.  Open it. Then go to the bottom left corner Settings. Open it. It will take you to the page where you add your provider, you must sign in using the ID and password you created for CBS. Once you are there enter and you will be give a Code number to enter on the device you are using such as an iPad. Enter the code and voila! You should be good to go. I learned this by trial and error, not by following Roku instructions. It worked for me. I have had to do it again several times, but it works. Not like casting from a mobile device. Let me know if this works for you…it has been a frustrating journey…lol!

bertcalif

0 Kudos