Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmack61

CBC Gem error 3304 Content not available outside Canada

Jump to solution

“Content not available outside of Canada message” keeps appearing not allowing to view programs even though I am in Richmond BC Canada. Using a Roku stick, CBC Gem is working on my other Roku downstairs but keeps getting error message 3304” Content not available outside Canada”. I have tried all the resets, deleted app and re installed, tried two separate email addresses, same fault message every time. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CBC Gem error 3304 Content not available outside Canada

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

Thank you for updating us about the ongoing issue with the CBC Gem error 3304. If you've already tried troubleshooting and the problem continues, we suggest reaching out to the channel support team for further help. It's important to note that Roku only provides access to the channel on its platform, and the channel provider is responsible for managing it directly.

You may refer to additional troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not clear on the email address statement.  Is the Roku account email address the same on the device that works and the one that doesn't?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brandy33

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too. Out of nowhere the next episode said this. 

0 Kudos
Les774

Jump to solution

Same here. Worked all morning. Then after lunchtime this started appearing. Anyone know how to fix this? 

0 Kudos
kride71

Jump to solution

We're getting the same message as well.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. We also have a Firestick and It's also happening when trying to use the GEM App on it.  Very frustrating to say the least!

0 Kudos
Seaside1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Happening to me right now in Nova Scotia. 
Anyone find the fix?

0 Kudos
Cat-woman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue it's a total mystery as it only happened yesterday and I too live in Nova Scotia

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

Thank you for updating us about the ongoing issue with the CBC Gem error 3304. If you've already tried troubleshooting and the problem continues, we suggest reaching out to the channel support team for further help. It's important to note that Roku only provides access to the channel on its platform, and the channel provider is responsible for managing it directly.

You may refer to additional troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Seaside1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted CBC . Their fix did not work either. I have sent them another message. 

0 Kudos
MichelleHA

Jump to solution

I am in Winnipeg and have had the same issue with my Samsung tv. And I have been in contact with CBC tech. And apparently it is a glitch between Samsung tv’s and Roku units that are plugged in like a fire stick etc.. not a Roku tv.  I have been pestering the them because their solution was to play gem through Apple Airplay which does work but at an inconvenience to me and having to keep my phone plugged in and drain the battery.  Does anyone else having the issue have a Samsung tv?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.