Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PEJ5
Reel Rookie

Re: CBC Gem disconnecting after 30 minutes

I have a similar problem - it consistently bumps me off after 45 or 46 minutes.   Also, I am asked to login each day.  This only started recently after Roku changed the CBC menu.

It is strange that Roku is blaming CBC Gem.  CBC Gem on my phone works with no problem, I only see it on my Roku stick since Roku changed up the menu to Gem.  Work together to fix it folks.

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

I agree ...and I sure hope they get it fixed asap too  it's so annoying  I am missing my coronation street snd call the midwife on live TV but I can't watch it anymore on a 30 minute show I get booted out at least 2 or 3 times. I wanted to sign up for the premium but never do I pay for a subscription until I've tried the channel snf thank goodness for that as I would have wasted my money...won't pay a cent until I'm sure this is all fixed 

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

Roku is correct in saying it's cbc who has to fix the issue  the reason it works on tablets and phones js this error is specific to roku  I had emailed cbc about the issue I put an update on here if you would like to read it but cbc admits they have an error somewhere in the app for roku. Bottom line they said they are aware of the issue and are trying to find the error  once they find where the error is they will fix it but couldn't give a timeline as until they find the error there is no way of knowing. I will post any updated info i receive from cbc 

Thanks lizzy6561

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PEJ5,

Please accept our warmest greetings to welcome you here in the Roku Community!

Please be informed that we're aware of the issue, and the CBC Gem channel is doing its best to resolve this. Additionally, services offered by channel partners across multiple platforms have different designs and development. Thus, it may work on your mobile devices, but the Roku channel version may have issues that need to be fixed or updated by them.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
streamer77

Thank you for the update!! Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Cat-woman
Reel Rookie

I have watched Gem on my computer for a long time to watch live TV and streaming, it never shut off, nor did CBC on Roku. I was happy to see Roku upgraded to Gem but I am not very pleased with how it works.  It shuts off on the live TV and the streaming, mine last about 50 minutes.  It's so frustrating to have to have to scroll over to the live channel, takes so much time and by that time I missed some of the show.  However, it's so frustrating is having to sign in with my password every time I use Gem. I don't have to do that with Prime or Netflix.

0 Kudos
Farmboynb

I uninstalled the channel restarted the tv via settings and reinstall channel CBC Gem and this morning was able to watch NB first in whole without resetting. Maybe they have fixed the issue

September 6 2023

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

I will try to do that this morning, I hope you're right that they fixed it because I did that already once as it was one of their original solutions before they realized fbe issue was on their end  so of it worked this morning for you and it didn't work a week or Two ago for me that hopefully means it's been fixed  

Thanks for your update 

Lizzy6561 

0 Kudos
Sandy-AA
Channel Surfer

I will also try again this morning, to uninstall and re install the channel.  But as of last night I still had to sign in, and it shut itself off after about 50 minutes of watching time.  At least I was able to watch it live stream instead of having to go to the already viewed section.  

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

Yep me too...for me it was worse last night then ever  I wanted to watch my Two favorite live TV shows I counted during the hour of the first shows 6 times I was sent back to rokus homescreen  and thr logging in makes me crazy  and before it hapoen3d all over again during my second show I tried updating roku again and then restarting  well after thr first 15 minutes if the 2nd show amd being booted twice on the third boot I gave up so I'm not get5ing ky hopes up but I will try. They are losing out in the end cause I was going to sign up for their premium but will not until its fixed and am sure it's staying that way  not to mention they are gonna lose me and I'm sure others as viewers altogether soon  it shouldn't take this long to fix thr bug so I'm one step from giving up on cbc gem altogether  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.