Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happymom123
Channel Surfer

Re: Byutv app no longer works

Been very busy with things. Here is the requested information that you asked for.

IMG_1390.jpeg

0 Kudos
wepeterson
Channel Surfer

Not sure if this works on every ROKU, but on my 4800X deleting and reinstalling the Byutv App solved the problem. Pete

0 Kudos
happymom123
Channel Surfer

I have tried that many times with uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still does not work. I had no problems with the app a couple of months ago. I am still waiting for them to get back to me. Even they can't figure out what's going on.

0 Kudos
Tgriesdorn
Reel Rookie

I too have the same error. No matter what I do I can’t get a version higher than 5.12. I have to buy a more updated version of the Roku deviceI guess. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Tgriesdorn
Reel Rookie

Serial number 2ld59u051490

model 3500x

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue, @Tgriesdorn.

As per checking your devices, we believe a channel reboot might help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the correct sequence: removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. We also suggest checking for an update of the app by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update.

If the issue persists, kindly get in touch with the channel provider for additional troubleshooting steps, as this issue may be known on their end.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tgriesdorn, the 3500 is no longer supported and won't receive any updates.  It's likely the old version of the channel/app is no longer supported by BYUtv and there's no solution short of upgrading to a current device.  Check your offers for a deal:

https://my.roku.com/offers
https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
marshray48
Reel Rookie

My device is routed and I'm unable to update the app as well. Is there any evg restriction for the devices that are routed because I'm unable to do so?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @marshray48,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
We're glad to assist you with your problem with streaming BYUtv on Roku. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Have you tried removing the channel, restarting the system, and re-adding the channel? Please check here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
RobetG

Same problem here today drove me to this site and thread.  After reading abt Roku devices perhaps not supported, and/or app(s) not supported by certain devices, I explored such on our 2 Rokus.  Indeed, found our older device, Model 2710X (software ver 11.0.0, build 4195-06) will not load an updated BYUtv app (current app is ver 5.12, build 20220818).  Additionally, "old" LDS Channel would not work today (so I deleted it and have no ver/build numbers to report here), and the replacement app (Gospel Stream) would not download and appear in the channel list.  No cures were realized regardless of trials of deleting, updating (both apps and device), rebooting, unpowering/repowering using this older device.

However, the newer device (3930RW, Roku Express, sw 12.0.0, build 4184-AE) DOES play both of these apps now that they have been updated/downloaded by accessing my Roku acc't online.  BYUtv is ver 5.61, build 20230923; Gospel Stream is ver 1.3, build 405.  The bottom line:  the app owners are now supplying versions which are incompatible w/ at least some models of Roku devices; welcome to the world of planned obsolescence.  HTH, Robert

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.