Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parranda51
Reel Rookie

Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel unavailable

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am using the Roku app on my tv, version 1.1.47. Last night I noticed Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel are not available to watch. I can search the shows and open them, but where the season/episodes list normally appears now it just says "back". 

Cam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel unavailable

Jump to solution

Both Angel and Buffy have moved over to Hulu currently.

Hulu is currently running a 30-day free trial (Hulu with ads), normally 7.99/mo.

https://signup.hulu.com/plans

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Parranda51

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? May we ask where are you streaming this TV show, is it on The Roku Channel or some other channel app? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Parranda51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

20230301_141113.jpg

Hello Karla, 

I am using the Roku channel app to stream. Attached is a screenshot of the issue on my end.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Fyertoy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I  started watching Buffy 3 days ago because I loved it back when it first came out, Now they pulled the plug on the show, whats up with that, Gatta bring it back. Bad thing with any of these channels, they play stuff for alittle while then boom they are gone without notice. UNREAL.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Parranda51 and @Fyertoy

We appreciate your contact!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Parranda51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Karla, 

I attempted deleting the Roku channel app and reinstalling it; it did not work. Now when I search for buffy or angel the shows no longer appear as options.

0 Kudos
Fyertoy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello and thanks for the help, uninstalling then reinstalling the Roku Channel did not work, I think they may have just removed the series from their channel. But thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post @Fyertoy

Channels, Themes, or Screensavers can be removed at any time for a variety of different reasons. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. If you would like more information about a removed channel, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

We hope that's helpful! 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Both Angel and Buffy have moved over to Hulu currently.

Hulu is currently running a 30-day free trial (Hulu with ads), normally 7.99/mo.

https://signup.hulu.com/plans

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Parranda51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @navs,

Thanks for the helpful information!

0 Kudos