Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TZ25

Buffering Circle seen on Screen

Buffering circle can be seen on screen as I watch. How do I get rid of it?

7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Buffering Circle seen on Screen

Hi @TZ25

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Please be advised that buffering usually occurs when your internet connection provided by your ISP cannot supply data fast enough for the playback device. Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue: Improve your Wi-Fi

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wing-Nut
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  It happens on all 11 of my ROKU's.

From the Home screen and after selecting a channel the blue circle stays on the center of the screen no matter what show I select within that channel.  Often there is a second blue circle in the top left corner of the TV screen. They do not go away on their own.

If I reboot the ROKU using the onscreen menu, and select a channel again the circles usually disappear. NOT always, but usually. It's quite annoying.  It is especially so for my electronically challenged wife.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Wing-Nut, I'm going to assume you're using the Spectrum channel/app since as far as I can tell everyone that has reported this was using that channel.  It's Spectrum's problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wing-Nut
Reel Rookie

You are correct.  We have the Spectrum channel as our primary TV source.  Not only do we have the multiple circles problem but we also have intermittent and sporadic buffering - on all 11 of the ROKU's.

We have a 500Mb Spectrum internet connection and seven (7) eero's devices placed throughout the home. I check the source (router) and individual beacon speed periodically, as well as the individual eeros status.  There should be NO reason for the constant buffering.  

Spectrum will do nothing for me since I own the three eeros routers and the four associated beacons.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, but Roku can't do anything for you since it's Spectrum's channel/app and it's Spectrum's responsibility.  My guess is that it's a bug in the code and has nothing to do with your Internet connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Fridge

You have to remove the cable box if it is still hooked up to your television.  Once you remove the Spectrum cable box - after going to streaming on your Roku, disconnect the cable box and the blue circles in the top left corner and the middle of your screen will disappear!

0 Kudos
Wing-Nut
Reel Rookie

Hi Fridge,

Thank you for responding to my post.  Unfortunately, eliminating my last Spectrum Cable Box is not possible.  To keep the Spectrum Gold Tier TV lineup as a streaming channel, Spectrum requires at least one Cable Box to remain active on an account

We use the Spectrum Streaming Channel as our primary live TV source.  We have been on the Spectrum Gold Tier level for years. The Spectrum Channel on ROKU provides all the individual channels/stations we want to watch.  We analyzed the offerings of other streaming providers and found that it would cost us more monthly than what we pay for Spectrum.  We would need multiple service providers to have the same channel availability. Should we decide to do that anyway, it would also add an element of delay and confusion we don't have now when searching for a TV program. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.