Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bs ads on pause blocking out screen.

I pause to see things, Roku has decided to post ads blocking out 25 percent of the screen.  Let’s start with Vtama and email the weasels who think this is a good idea and tell them how they can eat their product cause we won’t be spending our money on it till Roku’s marketing twits stop crashing our viewing experience. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bs ads on pause blocking out screen.

@Dontlikeads

Thanks for the post.

What channel are you seeing this issue with? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can better understand the issue you are experiecing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jaudelo

It started happening to me too, watching on the Roku Channel. I didn't have this behavior before, is this new? Do we really have to have ads on the home screen AND during pausing, pretty annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jaudelo 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
losethe_ads
Reel Rookie

I was able to get rid of the pause ads on the roku channel by changing my screen saver to aquarium. The screensaver can be changed in the home>settings>theme area.

0 Kudos