Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenish
Streaming Star

Britbox not loading August 2023

Buffers briefly then returns to Roku home screen.

It started end of June (28) with that Roku system update. Has not been working on Roku TV (2022 model) for more than one month!!!

Britbox promised to fix it. Roku promised to work with them to fix it. No one has fixed it!

We did all the troubleshooting, submitted report specs/details/multiple deletes, restarts, re-add channel. and it is still not working.

No one has fixed this in more than a month ??? It works on iPhone. Still not on Roku.

I can not recommend subscribing to Britbox under these circumstances. They owe us a refund of a half year subscription based on this poor and unacceptable lack of customer service and failure to stand by their apps to make sure they work.

REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

8 REPLIES 8
PG4359
Binge Watcher

Re: Britbox not loading August 2023

Same here and nothing gets resolved. I hope Roku is not trying to force us to use their Roku TV Britbox because they have episodes missing and out of order. (I like the older Brit comedies) 

I hope they read these replies. I’ve begged Britbox to please reach out to Roku. 

I’ve cleared cache, and all things mentioned. I’ve NEVER had a problem with Britbox stand alone since it began. 

0 Kudos
LizaJane

This is exactly the same problem I am having. According to an email I received from Tech Upport at Britbox recently the problem originated when they updated the software. The problem did not affect all Roku users, only some users. Britbox is claiming that they are very close to having a “fix” for the problem. That was about 3 weeks ago and it is still not working on my Roku box either.  This has been extremely frustrating and even more so when I was told to watch to Britbox on tablet or phone!!! I really really enjoy watching this channel and hoping Roku Tech Support will step up and contact Britbox and see if a concerted effort can be made to resolve the issue once and for all.  They just might have a lot of of happy customers.

zenish
Streaming Star

Yep still not resolved for us either. It has been more than TWO MONTHS as of this posting. followup.

currently a VERY VERY UNHAPPY Britbox / Roku TV household.

we paid for an entire year and will not renew after being ripped off for this long.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue!

We understand you're having a problem with the BritBox channel. We're happy to help you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

You can also check out this support link here for additional troubleshooting steps.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will continue to do our best to assist you further with this issue.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zenish
Streaming Star

We have done ALL the troubleshooting steps, many many times and repeatedly try them OFTEN.

Still NOT working. thanks

PG4359
Binge Watcher

Same here and Britbox has repeatedly stated that they have sent the fix to Roku. Was told by Britbox it would be resolved by October. It is not. 
Roku needs to PLEASE use the fix! 

0 Kudos
PG4359
Binge Watcher

Britbox has stated repeatedly that they have sent you the fix. 
I do NOT want to use a third party! 

STOP THIS REBOUND PLEASE! 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @zenish @PG4359,

Thanks for updating us!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Britbox channel. Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot and see if that is able to fix the issue that you're seeing?

If the problem still occurs, please provide us with a photo or video of your running problem.

We'll wait for your response.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.