Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonykski
Reel Rookie

Re: Britbox is not loading Feb 4 2023

Same problem here. Started Feb 3 2023. The Britbox app fails to open on Roku but works on PC or Android tablet. Neither Britbox or Roku is taking responsibility for this failure but someone is taking my money. Theft of service. I hope Roku or Britbox refunds my Feburary payment. I have recently canceled my subscription so I don't have to pay again for something I didn't receive. I think everyone should do the same. Then we might see some results.

Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox is not loading Feb 4 2023

I would totally cancel until they fix it but we bought the yearly subscription. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Britbox is not loading Feb 4 2022

Hi @Tonykski @Wellsdm2 

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue you are experiencing with the Britbox channel not loading. In order for us to investigate the issue further, we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

We’ve already provided all the information on this thread 2 weeks ago.  We were told Roku did update and Britbox is having issues loading

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Wellsdm2

We sincerely thank you for your patience with this channel issue.

We are currently aware of the problem, and our engineering team is looking into it thoroughly. We are working hard to resolve this as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience as we work through this.

We'll get back to you once an update is available we will be sure to let the Community know.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
jerry-tennis
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Received this from Brit Box on 3/1/2023:

Thanks for reporting this issue to us; our tech team is aware of the BritBox app issue on the Roku device 

We have a fix prepared, but fixes are implemented with app updates. The next Roku BritBox app update is expected to happen in the near future, because Roku manages testing and approval for the release, we cannot offer a definite timeframe.

Please ensure your app is up to date in the coming weeks. You can learn more here About Updating Apps.

0 Kudos
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

We are able to watch Britbox now!  It was fixed a couple of days ago.  Thanks for all the information and help.

0 Kudos
jcd66

Re: Britbox is not loading March 21 & 22, 2023

For the past two days, I am unable to access Britbox on my tv/Roku device. The channel begins to load, then bounces back to the Roku home screen. I've already tried removing Britbox, restarting Roku and reinstalling Britbox. Is there anything else you'd recommend? 

0 Kudos
jerry-tennis
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem since mtd February. Was told by BB that the next Roku software update would fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox is not loading March 21 & 22, 2023

Hi!  Our Britbox is up and running ever since Roku passed their updates recently.  Maybe post what Roku and software version you have so that the Roku team can check it out for you. It was an update for us.

0 Kudos