Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlynss

Britbox is not loading May 24 2022

My subscription is paid up.  However, I can go into tile, but when I choose a program, it brings me back out to ROKU home page.  When I do * for Options on the tile, it does not have the choice of "Remove Channel", so I cannot use your directions as stated.  

20 REPLIES 20
zeezee
Streaming Star

BritBox Won't Load - Goes Back to Roku Main Screen

As of this morning, BritBox won't load any programs and just boots me back to the Roku main screen. Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc. all working fine. I removed the BritBox tile from my main menu and reinstalled it - no help, I'm still not able to get any programs to work?

Is anyone else having similar problems? Anyone have a solution? Is it a BritBox issue?

Thanks so much!

kbrn

Re: Britbox is not loading May 24 2022

Britbox kicks me to the home page too. I was able to remove app and re-add it. That didn’t help. I also pressed the update and that didn’t work. 

0 Kudos
ieee488
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox Won't Load - Goes Back to Roku Main Screen

Yes!

I tried removing and adding the channel.

I tried checking for software update for the Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling BritBox? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Moreover, if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. 

For more information, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
zeezee
Streaming Star

Unfortunately, nothing worked. I unplugged my Roku, I also did the remove/restart/reinstall from the Settings/System restart. I even signed out and signed back in with my BritBox password. I can get to choose any specific program, but when I click to watch it, I get booted back to the Roku startup screen.

I'm a yearly Britbox subscriber, are you saying I need to cancel my subscription to get things back up and running. I REALLY don't want to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
zeezee
Streaming Star

Added info - Britbox is working fine on my computer - just not on TV through Roku. As I mentioned previously, all other channels on my two Rokus are functioning just fine - it's only Britbox.

0 Kudos
Huffer61

Re: BritBox Won't Load - Goes Back to Roku Main Screen

Yes having the same problem with Britbox.

0 Kudos
ieee488
Reel Rookie

I just watched it 2 nights ago.

The last Roku update was May 11 and today is May 24.

0 Kudos
Mnsh

Same problem. I have a paid subscription through Roku so no option to remove and reinstall. I can’t believe we have to cancel our subscriptions just to get this app to work. It looks like from the comments that doesn’t work anyway, so I’m not going to cancel. I used it yesterday (May 23) and it was working fine.

0 Kudos