Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FoxxGlove
Reel Rookie

BritBox not recognizing my login

Jump to solution

Had to sign back into BritBox via Roku and BritBox keeps informing me that my login is not valid. Contacted BritBox via email but non response. At this point, I feel I have no alternative but to cancel my subscription. Anyone experience a similar situation or found a solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FoxxGlove
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox not recognizing my login

Jump to solution

Well, label me "stoopid" across the forehead.

I was trying the wrong password.

DUH.....!!!!!!

(Getting old really sucks...!!!)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @FoxxGlove 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting regarding BritBox not recognizing your login.

We're more than happy to help you out with your issue so we can get you back up and streaming content. For clarification, are you trying to access BritBox from within The Roku Channel or through the BritBox channel directly? If you are accessing the channel directly, have you tried streaming from within The Roku Channel, as well as vice versa?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FoxxGlove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, Danny.

I have tried both of the options you listed with no success, unfortunately.

I do not want to try changing my password (one of the suggestions I was provided) since I have several other streaming channels linked to that password and I fear such a change would mess up even more logins.

I'm going to give it another day or two to see if it spontaneously resolves itself or BritBox does, in fact, get back to me.

Failing that, I'll just cancel the subscription and maybe try resubscribing at some later date.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @FoxxGlove 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your channel authentication issue.

As you mentioned in your response, at this time we would recommend trying to change or reset your password to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing. Please be aware that once you are able to gain access to the channel again, you can change your password back again.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FoxxGlove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, Danny, but I think I'll just cancel the subscription for now.

A password change would involve the disruption of too many other streaming services.

I will say, I find it extremely shabby that there is apparently no way to speak personally with a BritBox representative. Hardly what I would consider to be "customer satisfaction."

Regardless, thank you for trying to help.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FoxxGlove 

Thanks for the response.

We definitely understand what a pain that a password change to other streaming services would cause.

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you ever need further assistance with your Roku device, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FoxxGlove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, label me "stoopid" across the forehead.

I was trying the wrong password.

DUH.....!!!!!!

(Getting old really sucks...!!!)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FoxxGlove 

Thanks for the fortunate update!

We're excited to hear that you were able to resolve the issue!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kitsilano

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Britbox got back to me but so far have not been able to help. I cancelled my subscription.  Maybe if I start a new subscription it will work again 

0 Kudos