Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmblack

Brit box on Roku Channel will not load and play

Hello,

Britbox on Roku channel will not load and play programming.  It worked 2 weeks ago. I was on with Roku support for 3 hours and they were unable to resolve the issue.  Router was rebooted, everything is updated. Support also had me cancel subscriptions and resubscribe Brit box says this is a Roku issue.  Roku says it is a Britbox issue.  No one is taking responsibility to resolve the problem.  Can someone help?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brit box on Roku Channel will not load and play

Hi! @jmblack,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Is the problem limited to BritBox, or is it also affecting any of the Roku channels?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NB3

Here is information for my Roku: S/N J0097243004, DEVICE I.D. KY9999243004, SOFTWARE, 12,00BUILD 4184-46. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NB3,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Would you mind giving us more details about the issue you're running into so that we'll be able to provide you with assistance? We'd love to take a look and see what's going on.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bosda
Reel Rookie

I have an issue with Britbox on the roku Channel. It won't play. Worked the day before.

Other channels work fine. Nobody will help me. This stinks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bosda,

We understand you're having a problem with the BritBox channel since it won't play. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the channel's name or app, highlight the channel, and select add the channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out!
Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bosda
Reel Rookie

The options menue does not have a remove option. It keeps saying it's there until August 7th.

I have restarted Roku several times, to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bosda,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We are happy to assist you on how you can remove a channel since it is not visible on your * button options. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK on your remote.
    • Tip: A check mark appears in the bottom right-hand corner, identifying an installed channel.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.

You can also check out this link here on how you can remove channels from within the Roku mobile app.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kfcaudell
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem. I had to let my subscription run out before I could uninstall the channel, which means I paid for a month with no service. Anyhow, I uninstalled, resubscribed, and reinstalled, and the channel won't even open for me to sign in. I did find this on the BritBox support page: Note: Roku is no longer supporting legacy models 3600 and 4400X, or any older Roku devices. Streaming the BritBox app on these older devices may not be possible.

My model is a 3900x. Is it no longer supported? If that's the case, I wish BritBox would have told me that when I gave them all my information. 

I have already tried All The Things in the canned support e-mails above.  Does anyone have any other suggestions? This is one of my favorite channels. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jmblack,

We're sorry to hear that the Roku streaming device you currently have is no longer supported by Britbox. Kindly be advised that channel partners design, maintain, and develop their channels on the Roku platform. At the moment, upgrading to a new Roku streaming device is a good option to be able to view content from channels that no longer support your current device. You can visit this link and browse for options with Roku streaming devices: Roku Streaming devices

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos