Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

I messaged Roku 2 days ago regarding my identical devices with identical software, one with and one without the error and included the serial numbers. Received a pointless reply that addressed none of the issues raised so emailed back and received a more personal but equally useless, uninterested reply, suggesting I contact the BBC.

Today sent the relevant details to the BBC in case it might be helpful in their discussions with Roku.

PS: I see my previous posts, automatically deleted as spam, all later appeared - perhaps as I complained via the spam alert option. A few slightly different versions as I reworded them to try and get past the filter. I'll now delete all but one of them!

0 Kudos
Grogerus
Channel Surfer

If it's any use to anyone (not me as I get my Fire Stick tomorrow) these are the details of my ROKU streamer:

Model: 3810EU- ROKU Streaming Stick+

Serial Number: YH0059158888

SW Build: 11.0.0 Build 4193-50

The iPlayer installed is v 1.0 build 91000032. Last updated in May.

The problem first appeared a week ago for me.

CONCLUSION: The iPlayer build installed on my device has not changed for over a month so clearly ROKU are at fault.

SENTENCE: ROKU will not enter my home again.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi Grogerus  Those are the same versions as on my duff roku stick.  It is really frustrating that Roku take the attitude that if they keep spinning the line 'its nothing to do with us' then the customers with duff sticks will go elsewhere - after all they have your money so there's no benefit in spending time on sorting out this problem that only effects a few customers. Good luck with the Fire stick - which I see are on sale with Amazon today.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi HectorG12 welcome to the Roku roundabout. It is just incredible that Roku customer services can continue to hold the line that the sticks are fine its a BBC problem. The sticks have a computer chip inside runs using ROKU software.  There is clearly a glitch in some sticks that cause a problem when iplayer runs.  I suspect ROKU are also stringing the BBC along when they tell the BBC that Roku will/have release an update.

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

That’s the only way manufacturers will sit up and take note if their sales are affected sad though. 

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

Agreed this sounds pointless are Roku expecting the bbc to fix their sticks 😂

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

My new Firestick (half price via Amazon Prime sale) is now out for delivery!

Overall preferable device, with Silk (and Firefox) internet browser apps, Amazon Music and Freevee (IMDB TV) not being available on Roku. If the Roku never gets fixed it can be used to upgrade an old TV where the only useful app that works is BBC i-player.

0 Kudos
cwjsmith
Binge Watcher

I have just ordered a firestick, no point having something that does not work

0 Kudos
Grogerus
Channel Surfer

Got my FireStick. Set up yesterday. Bye bye ROKU.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

I fully understand people ditching Roku for a device that actually works. But if it were a 50grand BMW that stopped running on petrol and BMWs response was 'contact Esso' I would be pretty hacked off. .

Fortunately I do have an alternative source for iPlayer.  I bought my stick using a credit card so am going to see if I can get a refund via them. If Roku continue to fob customers off.

Hope the Amazon Fire stick lives up to its reputation guys.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.