Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opcpixie

Re: Audio issues with Hulu

I just got the Roku Stick+ 4K and I too am having issues when it comes to hearing audio on Hulu. It plays the Hulu start up music and I can hear audiowhen commercials play just fine. I do normally Have captions on as I'm hard of hearing in one ear and I miss a word here or there. The commercials and the Hulu start up, obviously, aren't captioned. A friend of mine thought that maybe my having the captions on canceled it the audio? I have similar issues on Netflix and have to pause the program and change the audio fun English 5.1 to plain English (which I have to do before playing every title, every time), however, Hulu doesn't have an option to change any audio settings. I went to the Roku settings and I don't have Dolby and wasn't sure what DTS was but changed it to that to see if it'd work. It didn't so I changed it back to auto. Not sure how to remedy this issue. 😕 Any other ideas besides the uninstall, shut down, restart, reinstall or a complete reset?

0 Kudos

I got the Remove and restart method to work but now the one show I wanted to watch still won't play sound but other videos will. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@scorpionlegend

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue after removing the channel, restarting the device and then adding the channel back again, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos