Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bartsrock
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple tv video not available

I could never get the Apple TV to work on the old Roku, i tried everything and kept up with apple support ect. they could not figure it out. Removing the Channel would not work, I tried several times, i even waited 24 hours before reinstalling.....I had to purchase a new Roku then it worked. The Roku I had was not compatable for some reason. Thanks for trying to help, but now the issue is resolved kind of...

0 Kudos
SS01
Reel Rookie

Am experiencing the same issue with one of my Roku devices. Rokue device having issue is Model# 4660x, Software version 11.0.0.4193, Error - “video is not available, check your internet connection”. Have watched Apple TV show on this device previously without any issues. Yesterday evening was first time experienced this issue. Have no issue with watching Apple TV on other Roku devices and on my phone. The other Aeolus device where I can watch is exactly the same model and software version. 
I have no issues watching any other app on this problem Roku device. For troubleshooting and resolving issue have tried below but invain

1. Restarted Roku device few times, including disconnecting power cable and reconnecting

2. Switched networked connectivity from Wired to Wireless

3. Removed Apple TV app and reinstalled

4. Tired to cast AppleTV from my phone using Airplay

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SS01

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to first remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order to ensure a clean channel install.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SS01
Reel Rookie

Have tried removing the channel, restarting Roku device and reading the channel - in that order. Still receiving same error message - “Video not available. There’s a problem loading this video. If this continues check your internet connection” 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@SS01

Thanks for the reply.

Does the issue only occur on specific contents within Apple TV? Let's try to configure the display type of your Roku device. To do this, please follow the instructions below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Display type
  4. Choose one of the available display types

For more information, check out this link: How to change the display type on your Roku® streaming player

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Catshouse2

None of these suggestions have solved my issue. I have tried them all; new cables, uninstalling the app, rebooting the Roku, changing the display, turning off the auto detect. Why would Roku offer a free three month trial to a app they know people can’t stream!?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Catshouse2

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StephenJM

I was having this issue and it worked for me, thanks!

0 Kudos