Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
islandalan
Channel Surfer

Apple TV app network unavailable error

I have several Roku TVs and the Apple TV has suddenly stopped working. I now get "Network Unavailable" errors on every device. Apple TV works fine on my iPad and laptop. I have updated drivers on all my Roku devices. I have reset my router. The problem appears to be specifically with Apple TV through Roku. Anyone else having this issue? 

25 REPLIES 25
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV app network unavailable error

@islandalan

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

In addition, have you tried signing out of the Apple TV channel and then signing back in again to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having issue with this as well. Removing channel, system restart, and add Apple TV back didn’t resolve the issue. 

Joepaiii

Same issue here

SusanBrand

Happening to me as well. Was in the middle of watching. Tried all the things including Audio trick. Not working.

Klg5283

I’m having the same issue and removing the Apple TV app and restarting the Roku doesn’t fix the issue. All my other apps work just fine so it’s not a connectivity issue

pipingplover
Reel Rookie

Same with me. So frustrating as I started a free 7 day trial within the app 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

pipingplover
Reel Rookie

I just checked the app on my phone and that won’t work either..

0 Kudos
Fuggoff

I’m having the same thing starting at about 8:10p EDT. I’ve powercycled and uninstalled everything, no dice.

0 Kudos
ooeemusic
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. "Network unavailable" no fixes over tried have worked.