Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple TV app network unavailable error

Same. It was an intermittent issue a week ago but now seems to be consistently happening. 

monteb

I started getting this tonight. I tried un-/re-installing (without resetting the Roku in between) and that didn't help. I suppose it is a problem on the AppleTV servers.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @monteb

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Apple TV channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Apple TV support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
islandalan
Channel Surfer

I did all of those things, but got the same results. As it turned out, while testing I discovered that several other apps were having this same issue (Hulu, HBO MAX, Vudu). Again, on any other device connectivity to these services worked normally. Interestingly, one day after posting this message, all of the apps starting working on all of my Roku TVs. No idea...

0 Kudos
islandalan
Channel Surfer

Yep. I tried removing and reinstalling the app - same result. As I posted earlier, on other devices (e.g., computers, iPads) the apps worked fine, ruling out network connectivity issues. This was specifically a Roku issue (on all of my Roku TVs). Strangely, it suddenly started working again. 

0 Kudos
islandalan
Channel Surfer

Interesting. Mine worked on all of my other devices (e.g., computer, iPads). Only my Roku TVs seemed to be affected. As I posted earlier, a day or so after posting this message it started working. Hopefully, yours did too! 

0 Kudos
islandalan
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the reply. I actually contacted Apple support prior to reaching out here - this was definitely a Roku issue. As I posted earlier, it turned out there were several apps that suddenly stopped working (Hulu, Vudu, Apple TV). Again, all of these apps worked fine on other devices (e.g., computers, iPads) ruling out a network connectivity issue. I have multiple Roku TVs/devices and all were doing the same thing. I updated the Roku's firmware, uninstalled apps, and restarted as you described - nothing worked. Suddenly, a day later, everything started working again. No explanation. Thankfully, this issue hasn't happened since. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@islandalan @creastysomp

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi, I am having also this issue only with AppleTv

I update Roku, restarted. Removed the Apple app, restarted. Installed Apple app again, restarted, then tried again, no dice.

Here is the info to pass along to correct team @RokuDanny-R  :

1) Device Info

• Model 3930BR-Roku Express
  • X00400DY45AW Serial Number
  • Version 11.5.0 rev 4312-AE
  • Device ID: S00R40AY45AW

2) Yes, only on Apple TV, sign in successfully in all other paid providers (Netflix, Youtube, Prime Video)

3) tracker ID

• Model 3930BR - Roku Express
  • Serial Number X00400DY45AW(S00R40AY45AW)
  • Software Version 11.5.0 rev 4312-AE
  • Date time register: 2023-02-28T16:04:27Z

"Use o ID de problema AW-084-484 para relatar o problema atual"

4) Steps to reproduce:

• Open AppleTv
  • Choose Iniciar Sessão
  • Then I type my AppleID email
  • Then I proceed to type the password
  • It turn out with a error message "A verificação falhou Ocorreram erros ao iniciar sua sessão. Aguarde um momento e tente novamente. (a huge OK button and below) Codigo de erro: 63FE25F9"

0 Kudos

It just worked after I sent the reply... LOL.

0 Kudos