To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Apple TV channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Apple TV support directly to share your feedback.
I did all of those things, but got the same results. As it turned out, while testing I discovered that several other apps were having this same issue (Hulu, HBO MAX, Vudu). Again, on any other device connectivity to these services worked normally. Interestingly, one day after posting this message, all of the apps starting working on all of my Roku TVs. No idea...
Yep. I tried removing and reinstalling the app - same result. As I posted earlier, on other devices (e.g., computers, iPads) the apps worked fine, ruling out network connectivity issues. This was specifically a Roku issue (on all of my Roku TVs). Strangely, it suddenly started working again.
Interesting. Mine worked on all of my other devices (e.g., computer, iPads). Only my Roku TVs seemed to be affected. As I posted earlier, a day or so after posting this message it started working. Hopefully, yours did too!
Thank you for the reply. I actually contacted Apple support prior to reaching out here - this was definitely a Roku issue. As I posted earlier, it turned out there were several apps that suddenly stopped working (Hulu, Vudu, Apple TV). Again, all of these apps worked fine on other devices (e.g., computers, iPads) ruling out a network connectivity issue. I have multiple Roku TVs/devices and all were doing the same thing. I updated the Roku's firmware, uninstalled apps, and restarted as you described - nothing worked. Suddenly, a day later, everything started working again. No explanation. Thankfully, this issue hasn't happened since.