Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephshea
Reel Rookie

Re: CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

same here first noticed issue last night 12/9

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Saintsfan21 @stephshea @Ply04 

Thanks for the posts.

Are you able to play content in other channels or are you just seeing the issue occur on the CW channel? Are you seeing an error message on screen? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ply04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes im able to play content on other channels only hbomax(started 2 days ago) and cw im having an issue with. There is no error screen display just simply black loading screen when clicked to press play then 5 seconds later it kicks me back to roku home screen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ply04

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ply04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

16397776039205544331428926575315.jpg

16397777884901422849006022205986.jpg

The cw app fixed itself i guess now its working but hbomax im still having the issue with.

0 Kudos
jamiehobbs

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I don’t know how to private message you about downgrading my Roku. Please help me

0 Kudos
Renisha
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This app is still not working and I followed all the steps..all my other app/channels have been working great all day but cw has been loading at 33% for a week now..

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Renisha

Thanks for the post.

If you have already removed the channel, restarted your device, then added the channel back again, specifically in that order, and are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dodieayers
Reel Rookie

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

I have the same issues with it the app opens and will play the commercials but then just shows a 33% for the show itself does this on all 3 of our Roku sticks However plays just fine on our Roku tv 

HeyItsAD
Binge Watcher

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I never used to have the issue. Now I have it with my roku ultras suddenly? Did you change services or anything recently? Who are you using for your home data?

0 Kudos