Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwadiamond1
Reel Rookie

Re: Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

I deleted all my channels (apps), especially the Roku Channel and they were GONE! Thank goodness! So if there is something on that channel I want to watch, I’ll add it and delete it again. 

jelsie
Reel Rookie

You are not alone.

I can't stand Martha Stewart and more so after seeing this ad. She looks puffy and when she winks she looks like she is going to have a seizure.

I changed the ID identifier only to see more ads and Martha Stewart is still in the loop.

Jwadiamond1
Reel Rookie

Only worked for a couple of hours… I’m seriously thinking about ditching this Roku tv

Came to the Roku Community Forum to see if anyone else thought these Roku Reccomends ads were out of control! 🤨

I watch dozens of live Roku channels and they used to have normal commercials or their own 'be right back' bumper countdowns. Now however, it is the same Roku commercials over and over Weird Al, Rich Eisen, Martha Stewart that repeat for the entire two minutes. Sometimes the Roku ads cut off mid loop and there is a speed hiccup when the program comes back. 

1 Roku ad block per programming hour would suffice, or at the top or bottom between shows.

Every break over and over again is now extremely off putting and I am more frequently turning to other FAST streaming options! Even cable doesn't repeatedly advertise themselves ad nasuem. Do you see the ads for the Rich Eisen Show while you are watching Rich Eisen? 🙄

Texconsin
Streaming Star

I haven't watched Roku TV in a couple weeks now, so thanks for letting me know that it's still all Weird Al, all Rich Eisen and all Martha Stewart, all of the time.  Pluto TV has more jagged edges, including a 3-minute-after top of the hour, but the bumper music is far better than Roku's constant self-promotion.  Maybe in another few months, Weird Al won't be "taking the world by storm," anymore.  Actually, he NEVER DID.

Bunnyanne
Reel Rookie

I found that you can skip the commercial by going to Pluto tv .it's free and no weird Al commercials.all the same channels too. Love it 😁

I get to watch my favorite shows 

WAR-ROOM
Channel Surfer

ROKU COMMERCIAL SUCKS. It is annoying as **bleep** especially since it runs repetitive so many times ON THE RAV CHANNEL.   WarRoom.         And who is it that thinks we want to hear Daniel Radcliff doing WEIRD AL? Which by the way is the worst imitation ever.    Your commercial is so bad that every time it comes on we MUTE THE TV for the 3 or 4 times you repeat the garbage about what everyone is watching.   RAV viewers are not the least bit interested in all that **bleep**. Play it 1 time, find another commercial. 

WAR-ROOM
Channel Surfer

You don't need to investigate further. You know exactly what we are all talking about.  Quit pretending that you don't know. Apparently you have some power somewhere and we are all tired of your commercial.  You almost sound like some liberal leftist trying to debunk our comments. I hope your not.  Wokeism is bad for the country. 

Texconsin
Streaming Star

I bet that both of us are watching the Admiral right now.  He just finished the MSNBC cringe videos.  And I think RFK, Jr. should watch his back, his front, his left side and his right side.  Don't take shortcuts through the kitchen, like your father did.  Don't ride in an open limo past a school book depository, like your uncle did.  Don't fly over water at dusk, like your cousin did.  And, avoid CIA spooks at all cost!!!

EROCK611

I feel the same. The Weird Al ad is the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with on TV and I won't watch it out of spite. Rich Eisen and Martha Stewart can suck it too.

It's enough to cause insanity.