Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tensenator

Amazon prime kicks us out to ruko home

Everytime we try to use amazon prime it will play about 30 seconds of video then kick us out to ruko home. What are we doing wrong, how do we fix this??
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon prime kicks us out to ruko home

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the Amazon Prime channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Amazon Prime channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhcoker1
Reel Rookie

Reinstalling the device doesn't help. I have a TCL-Roku tv and a Vizio with Roku Ultra Lt. Both devices are kicked off Prime Video after a minute or so of play. I can fast-forward the video when I first select it to view, but am kicked off shortly after that.

Not a forum member, just Dave

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dhcoker1 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
dhcoker1
Reel Rookie

I have a TCL Roku 55" 4k hdr tv. I unplugged the tv, restarted and the problem was cured. No more kick backs to Roku home.

My other tv is a 55" smart Visio and I am using a Roku Ultra Lt on it. I unplugged the Ultra Lt, plugged it back in and restarted. Problem of kicking back to Roku home went away.

Seemed like too simple a solution, but it worked immediately and I still am not experiencing any kick back to Roku home from Prime video.

LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Thank you! Best suggestion I’ve been offered yet. I will try that. 

0 Kudos

You kept spamming me with roku2 upgrades so I ended up buying the newer roku express+ cause you said it worked better with future channel updates. So far, it's kicked me out of Prime and Pluto each day after following a binge. It will probably kick me out of the next channel I watch and pay for. This does not occur on my cheap LG Fortune 2 nor my 2009 Macbook Pro that no longer receives updates since the year 2014. This Roku device had one job, and it doesn't do it. Can I ask why that is? 

When Pluto quit, I restarted, wiped the profile, did all the hassle website logins that follow a reboot and adding all the channels again, only to find Pluto inconvenient and start watching Prime for the day. The next day it has happened to Prime.

I'm actually glad I didn't encourage my folks to switch to streaming because they look to me to trouble shoot and Roku's reliability will hurt my relationship with my parents even further.

Now before I splurge on an hd tv that will definitely NOT be a roku brand, explain why every channel I load  cannot be accessed even after a reinstall, restart, and reload of an entire Roku profile

Please advise

0 Kudos
dbsf1

There are plenty of users on the Amazon forum complaining of the problem without any solution, but I don't see any way to get through to Amazon about it. Does Roku have any communication line with the Amazon app developers?

SG
Reel Rookie

Doing same to me.

Happens on two Rokus on 2 different internet connections; so it is not likely a network or device issue. 

Only seems to happening to NCIS season 10,  through CBS all a cess Chanel 

0 Kudos

restarting roku tv fixed the issue for me as well. unplug it and plug it back in after a few seconds.

0 Kudos