Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artsmiller
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv not showing the thumbnail pictures

Jump to solution

I will try this.  Great answer and explanation as to why might be an issue.  I thought on my older Roku TV that it had an option to clear cache because I was thinking might be something like this.  I like your suggestion to delete some older unused tiles/channels to try and free up a little memory.  I hope it works for me.

Jump to solution

THANK YOU! This is the only thing that helped. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I removed the extra apps I wasn't using & did a full power reset (removing cord from the socket) and it fixed the Prime video app not showing thumbnails issue. 

Noach

Jump to solution

I Have a Sharp Roku TV model # LC-43LB371U Manufactured April, 2015. I have had the same problem with Amazon Prime video icons being blank when I open the app. This has happened several times over the past year or so. I followed the suggestion  to do a system restart on the TV and it worked. Sometimes restarting my Xfinity cable box has helped but not always. This time I went to the Home icon on my Roku remote then: SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> POWER -> SYSTEM RESTART.  When opening the Amazon Prime App, it took a few seconds but the icons came back.      CMC, Denver CO 8/30/2020

elained_nj

Jump to solution

System restart following these instructions worked for me too! Thanks

Jump to solution

This happens frequently, and to many users. Don't you think maybe you should FIX IT?????? So frustrated. May you have toddlers who want to see the icons and have to reboot and uninstall and reinstall so you can know that this is a PAIN IN THE **bleep**. 

ANGRY!

0 Kudos
cebtoo

Re: Amazon Prime Video - not showing the thumbnail pictures

Jump to solution

I had the same problem on TCL Roku TV.  I have mine set to stay in standby when I hit power down.  I had been "on" for 35+ days, which is about how long the thumbnails have been absent.

Do this power reset:  Unplug your set and keep it unplugged for about ten seconds or more.  Plug it back in and power it on.  Navigate to "Prime" and you should have your thumbnails back.

0 Kudos
Vy1

Jump to solution

YES! This has been a problem for me for awhile now. I did this and it fixed it. THANK YOU! 

ebgwd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

System restart following these instructions worked for me too! ThanksSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
JackHagin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THIS worked for me

0 Kudos