Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayyaa
Visitor

Amazon Prime Video - not showing the thumbnail pictures

Jump to solution

I have a sharp Roku TV and for the last two weeks at least none of my thumbnail pictures are showing with the titles of my shows I've tried to reinstall the streaming channel on my TV everything that I can think of it only does this with prime video somebody can you please help fix this I went to settings and check for update there was no update available

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku tv not showing the thumbnail pictures

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. 

Have you tried troubleshooting your home network by restarting your wireless router/modem, and your Roku TV to see if this helps? 

We'd also recommend restarting your TV from Settings>System>Power>System Restart. 

If this issue isn't occurring in any other channels, you'll need to contact Amazon support to report the issue, and request additional assistance with their channel on your device. 

Please keep us posted if you have any other questions we can assist with! 

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

Noach

Jump to solution

I Have a Sharp Roku TV model # LC-43LB371U Manufactured April, 2015. I have had the same problem with Amazon Prime video icons being blank when I open the app. This has happened several times over the past year or so. I followed the suggestion  to do a system restart on the TV and it worked. Sometimes restarting my Xfinity cable box has helped but not always. This time I went to the Home icon on my Roku remote then: SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> POWER -> SYSTEM RESTART.  When opening the Amazon Prime App, it took a few seconds but the icons came back.      CMC, Denver CO 8/30/2020

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
aboysick
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
I have had the same problem along with other missing icons or words on the the screen. This has happened since the last update and the only way to fix it is pull the power plug. Then it works fine until it's turned off and it's does the same thing.
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. 

Have you tried troubleshooting your home network by restarting your wireless router/modem, and your Roku TV to see if this helps? 

We'd also recommend restarting your TV from Settings>System>Power>System Restart. 

If this issue isn't occurring in any other channels, you'll need to contact Amazon support to report the issue, and request additional assistance with their channel on your device. 

Please keep us posted if you have any other questions we can assist with! 

Thanks,
Tanner

BuckGnarley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue.

Amazon works fine on all other TVs.

This issue corresponded with my replacing the Sparklight modem with my own.  The Modem/wireless router was on their approved list.  

What would you suggest I can do to troubleshoot this?

BuckGnarley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to fix it.

I unplugged my TV for 5 minutes and then plugged it back in and turned it on.  Apparantly this forces the TV to update all the loaded apps.  My Amazon Prime app is working fine now.

aboysick
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, I've rebooted the modem and still no help. If I unplug the power it works fine for a few days and then comes back. This doesn't happen on any other TV I own either. 

MatthewOBrien
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had this problem with my Amazon Prime app and I fixed it.  Thankfully, another post mentioned that the older Roku devices - whether the box or the RokuTV - had limited memory for today's apps.  That got me thinking.

I went into my main screen and counted how many apps I had installed since I'd bought the Roku TV.  There were 19.  Many of these were channels that I tried and not liked, or just quit watching.

I then removed 11 of the 19 installed apps - each of which of course takes up memory by being on the device.  I then pulled out the power cord and allowed a bit for the electronics within to lose charge and voltage.

When I plugged the Roku TV in everything was now fine.  Memory restored, thumbnails restored.

While my issue was with Amazon Prime, I'm certain losing the thumbnail image could occur in any app.

Etaggart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  It seems to happen when I exit from watching antenna.  If I launch another app and exit they come back.   Seems like a bug.  

TCL 55P605

Roku 7103X  v9.2.0 build 4502-30

0 Kudos
MatthewOBrien
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had struggled with this for quite a while until I figured out why the Roku TV was not showing the thumbnail pictures.  I had posted on this previously - somewhere around here?

The issue is that the older Roku devices - standalone or TV - did not have enough memory within them to support the downloaded code within them getting larger.  The code getting larger comes from two sources: as suppliers update their code from time-to-time they inevitably make the size of the code grow - and - as time goes on you add more access apps to your Roku to get more channels.

Both of these use more memory.  When memory gets insufficient, the actual operation code of the device is protected so that it at least continues to work.  Sacrificed is the nice pictures in the thumbnails.

The Solution.  You cannot do anything about the bloat occurring in the apps, only the channel software providers can do that.  But you can delete all those loaded apps that you don't really use or want.  When I started the process, I had 23 apps loaded.  I deleted entirely 12 of those, leaving the "essential" 11.  Reset.

The problem went away immediately and has never returned.

Also, remember that if you change your mind and want an app back, you can re-add it at any time.

Good luck.

Etaggart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I only have a bare minimum of apps, maybe 10 so I don't think that's it.  I still think it's a bug that needs to be fixed.   Also this TV is only a few years old (4k/HDR) it's not an old ROKU device at all.   I've tried everything from turning off fast-startup, removed as many apps as possible.   It's been occurring for a while..   It's not consistent, but when I normally lose the icons is when I exit antenna viewing.   When it happens, if I launch another app like YoutubeTV or Tablo the icons return when exiting those apps.

0 Kudos