Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveAus
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime Video in Australia?

Jump to solution

I know this has been touched on a few years ago but I am not sure with the passage of time and Roku now in Australia whether there is a new update that I haven't been able to find.

I have a Roku Ultra 4802x in Brisbane Australia and would love to be able to get my Prime Video onto it...

Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks (in anticipation).

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveAus
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Video in Australia?

Jump to solution

Just closing this out everyone - thanks to those who helped me with this.

Advice just in now from Amazon is that "Prime Video is not currently available on Roku devices in Australia." They have taken my feedback and have forwarded it to the Technical Team.

I am so surprised that Amazon would be happy to miss out on access on any device but oh well, I suspect this is a ploy to get me to spring for $$ to buy one of their smart fire cube things. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't see it in the Australia channel store and only Amazon can make that happen.  You should try contacting them, but I fear finding anyone that understands the issue will be impossible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SteveAus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your thoughts! I will ask in the Amazon community chat and see what comes. Thanks, Steve

0 Kudos
SteveAus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just closing this out everyone - thanks to those who helped me with this.

Advice just in now from Amazon is that "Prime Video is not currently available on Roku devices in Australia." They have taken my feedback and have forwarded it to the Technical Team.

I am so surprised that Amazon would be happy to miss out on access on any device but oh well, I suspect this is a ploy to get me to spring for $$ to buy one of their smart fire cube things. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.