Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggard

Amazon Prime App missing on Roku

My Amazon Prime app has disappeared from my Home page and NEITHER shows up with the other Amazon apps when searching for "Amazon" NOR when searching for "Amazon Prime".

I did NOT have any issue before the Amazon Prime app went missing. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime App missing on Roku

Hi @Maggard

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you provide us with the serial number of the Roku device where you are experiencing the issue? It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Maggard  Which Roku model do you have? Channels don’t remove themselves. Do you share Roku devices with someone? Share Roku accounts? Did you re add the channel? Are you in the US?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Maggard are you located somewhere other than the US?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Can you pls provide the solution? I am experiencing the same issue. I am in the US and do not share my accounts with anyone.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Craziedazie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? When you search for the channel on the Home screen left hand side, what are you seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chastweed

I had the same problem - I went back to the Search Channels function on the main menu - searched for Amazon Prime - and found it. When  I went back to the main screen - the app was restored.

0 Kudos
AC34-lm56

This exact same thing happened to me. I just turned on my Roku one night and the Amazon Prime channel was missing. Then Amazon didn’t even come up on a search of channels to install. 
The thing is, it won’t show on a search because the Roku knows it’s already installed. The problem is just that the Home Screen on Roku somehow forgot that it was a shortcut so it doesn’t show it. 
I had to:

• restart my Roku by unplugging it for about 15 seconds.

• search for the location of the app on my Roku and uninstall it.

• reinstall the Amazon Prime app as a new channel, and then sign into Amazon and use their code from their site; something like “amazon.com/mytv”

Now it works again, and I can see the app on the Home Screen just like before (I had to move it up from the bottom of the list)..

0 Kudos