Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgee2022e

Amazon Freevee Program and/or App Help

When I go to Amazon Freevee and play the program or app I watch, it stops automatically and gets sent back to the Roku home screen. Is there any way to fix the Freevee app on Roku so I can watch, rewind or fast forward my programs?

6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Freevee Program and/or App Help

@jgee2022e 

Try Removing the channel, Restarting the Roku device, and then Reinstalling the channel. (Remove, Restart, Reinstall).

Amazon Prime removed support from some Roku devices, so not sure it this also affects their FreeVee channel on these same devices.

If you have one of the models listed in this related thread (https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Amazon-Prime-Video-no-longer-available-on-thi...), this may also be a contributing factor.

The Freevee channel appears to be working properly on my Ultra 4660 regarding launching, FF, Rew, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Joseg13
Channel Surfer

I have the same exact issue but it is after playing for quite some time. Happens on other apps as well and on the "Live TV". It is on a JVC Roku TV. It was nice but after about a year it began to get slow on the menu screen. It is a Roku TV 8813X, JVC model LT-49MAW598, Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-92. I also connected a new Roku Ultra and it does the same but takes longer for it to happen. Does not seem to be a TV issue. I thought network connection related but there are no errors and when using the Roku Channel app it puts me on the Roku Channel  home menu instead of the Roku Home menu. I have reset the TV and done a Factory reset but still does it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Joseg13

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ajoss
Reel Rookie

When trying to watch a show my Roku via the FreeVee app will start to load get to 13% and then drop back to the screen to start watching the episode. It happens on both of my StreamStick+'s. I have removed the channel, reinstalled the channel and get the same issue on both. If I go to my amazonprime app and search for the show it will play without any issue? So the issue seems to be with the Freevee app on Roku.

0 Kudos
ajoss
Reel Rookie

Well I resolved my issue! I forgot that my pi-hole adblocker on my Raspberrypi would cause the issue. I have whitelisted amazon.com as a wildcard and now it works just fine.

0 Kudos
Joseg13
Channel Surfer

What was happening was that when watching FreeVee, Tubi, Pluto and any other streaming app after a period of time it would go back to either the Apps home Menu or the Roku Home Menu. I had reset all but still no good. Then I checked bandwidth saver (which I always had off) and it was set to on. So my Roku JVC TV and my Roku Ultra box had it set to on and I have no idea how. Maybe after the reset it defaulted to that. Not very sure. However today I was playing FreeVee pretty much half a day and no issues. Seems it was the Bandwidth saver throwing me back since I would not interact with the TV. I just let it play and at times would leave the living room for sometime. Only did FreeVee today. I will test with Tubi, Pluto and my other apps soon enough. It never happened with my Plex since I constantly would interact with the remote to switch TV shows or Movies.