Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GBush
Reel Rookie

Re: Adult Empire App located elsewhere?

@DBDukes wrote:

@Sweetums22 

I was tempted to respond with asking what their Website said, but when I looked at it, I saw incorrect information right off the bat, so I understand why you wouldn't trust what they say.

To correct what they said, Roku did not announce they were deleting all adult apps. Roku announced a change to the beta app process, requiring apps to complete a submission for certification (and that process includes indicating if the app is an adult app). Roku implemented a 120-day limit on beta (non-certified) apps. And 120 days after Roku announced that, all non-certified apps went away. Content didn't figure into it. It was the fact they were non-certified that caused removal. Yes, some of the apps were adult apps, but most were not.

What's your point? You have spent a lot of time "correcting" people on this community about Roku's decision to effectively remove private apps. How did your information help answer the OP's question? Is the effect not the same, are any adult channels left on Roku? Nope! All you seem to be doing is running a PR campaign to smooth over Roku's decision. This was all about money anyway, Roku wanted more control over content to eventually increase revenue. I for one hope this backfires. I'm done with Roku for sure, there are many other options and I'm tied of being treated like a child.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@GBush wrote:

...  How did your information help answer the OP's question? ...

You are correct, I failed to directly answer in that response, which was intended to be a framing of the answer. Later, when I realized my error, I went back and saw there were additional comments. In those, I answered the original question.

@GBush wrote: 

... This was all about money anyway, Roku wanted more control over content to eventually increase revenue. ...

Yes, I believe that to be correct. All certified apps must conform to the standards to allow (not require) any purchases or subscriptions to be done via Roku Pay, of which Roku gets a cut. Just like the other platforms. Again, Roku doesn't require it be the only option, but the Roku Pay option must be there. Pure and simple, money is the driver.

There is (or was) some requirement regarding Roku's ad platform for ad-supported apps, but I don't know the details. I don't know if it was required, or is a percentage had to go through Roku Ads. It won't make a difference on truly free apps, however.

I've stated elsewhere that I never use the Roku Pay option, and have often suggested others not use it. Roku Pay is, in its current form, not sufficient for anyone who has any device other than Roku.

Previously, any subscription via Roku Pay could only be utilized on a Roku device, or via the Roku Channel (works on browsers and Fire TV in addition to Roku) if the subscription is through the Roku Channel. My understanding is that Roku has begun to make subscriptions through Roku Pay available outside Roku/Roku Channel, but I've not encountered it. The source is reliable, I've seen (meaning read about) enough other issues with Roku Pay that I'm very hesitant to use it, and still recommend not using it.

@GBush wrote: 

... I'm tied of being treated like a child.

I'm not sure I understand that reference, but okay.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Bllomer89
Reel Rookie

That was the best feature of the device.

Hopefully adult empire 

Corrects this issue.

Crono1000
Reel Rookie

My wife and I used to enjoy this content together and now we had to unsubscribe.  Not everyone using this content is hunched over their phone, hiding from their wives in the bathroom.  Some of us actually want to sit comfortably in their living room and watch content on the television. 

Sweetums22
Channel Surfer

Exactly! That's what I'm trying to figure out if there is another option! 

Crono1000
Reel Rookie

I believe I found a workaround.  It's not entirely ideal but it gets the videos on your TV.  Go to the website from you phone, and then cast the video from your phone to your TV.

For instance, I have an android phone.  I had to drag down the top menu, drag it further down, swipe to the right, click "Smart view," and then follow the prompts.  After that you just channel surf like always.  I was able to get a video in pretty good resolution on the TV, plus the website always had more videos and better menues.

Sweetums22
Channel Surfer

That was the only way we could think of. The only huge downside for us - we work opposite shifts, so as ones leaving we'd turn it on for the other as a cute kinky thing until we could be together.  Thank you!!!! Here's hoping there is a fix somehow!

0 Kudos
Jebtt706

I agree totally.  My husband and I enjoy watching the videos on Adult Empire together on our tv.  You can’t enjoy as a couple when trying to watch on a phone.  Companies need to remember that their customers are not all lights off missionary sex position type people they have paying customers that like the spice added.  So they need to remember to include channels for us also 

Don7t

Thanks for the Smart view info, just tried it, works perfectly.  My wife was pretty pissed off when they pulled Adult Empire, now that we can connect with the phone she is much easier to live with.

@Crono1000 wrote:

I believe I found a workaround.  It's not entirely ideal but it gets the videos on your TV.  Go to the website from you phone, and then cast the video from your phone to your TV.

For instance, I have an android phone.  I had to drag down the top menu, drag it further down, swipe to the right, click "Smart view," and then follow the prompts.  After that you just channel surf like always.  I was able to get a video in pretty good resolution on the TV, plus the website always had more videos and better menues.

0 Kudos
Kirky1

Who knows what's going on?

0 Kudos