Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwinr

Added channel won't play - do I need a TV package subscription first?

Can I use a ROKU streaming device, with a ROKU account, to add a Channel without first adding a Channel Package subscription, like HULU?  I tried to add the RFD-TV channel to my Roku account but when I try to log in on the TV using my ROKU user ID/PW, it says account is not valid.  Roku online shows that the Channel is "installed" but I can't access it on TV.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Added channel won't play - do I need a TV package subscription first?

Hi @edwinr

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Let us help you get access to the channel RFD-TV Now. We can see that the channel service may require additional fees. May we ask do you already have a direct subscription to the channel? If you had an account with the channel prior to adding the channel on your Roku device, use your username and password associated with your subscription are managed directly with your channel provider. Or if the subscription is purchased on the Channel Store use your Roku account's email and password.

You may refer to this link: How to sign in to watch movies and TV shows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,

Nimfa

0 Kudos
edwinr

Purchased Channel on Roku Channel Store - tried logging into channel on TV using Roku user ID and Password and still said invalid.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@edwinr

Thanks for the update.

Have you entered the correct email address associated with your Roku account? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? On this same page, you will also find your Roku account email address. 

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos