Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmendoza
Channel Surfer

Added Paramount + app not part of Roku & would like to remove it

When the 30 day free trial was going on, I clicked on the lone Paramount+ app that is separate from Paramount+ on Roku & I would like to get it removed. Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Added Paramount + app not part of Roku & would like to remove it

If you started the free trial through Roku, highlight the app on your Home Screen and press * on your Roku remote.  There should be an option to "Manage subscription".  If you started the free trial directly with Paramount+, you may have to cancel the subscription with them, but "Manage subscription" will be replaced by "Remove app".  Note that removing an app doesn't cancel any subscription.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cmendoza
Channel Surfer

I never started a free trial with Paramount+ since I subscribe to Paramount+ through Roku. I highlight to remove & there is no option that says "Remove app". 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@cmendoza, the "Remove app" option is replaced by "Manage subscription" if you have a subscription through Roku.  You may have unknowingly started that free trial through Roku.  You should be able to cancel the auto-renew of the subscription by choosing the "Manage subscription" option or by logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About.  Once the current term of the subscription expires you should see the "Remove app" option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.