Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Head_Unit
Binge Watcher

Acorn TV on Roku: how the heck do you SEARCH?

I wanted to watch Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and Midsomer Murders, so I subscribed ("on Roku" because I do NOT want some other billing via YouTube to keep track of and harder to cancel). 

I do not see any kind of menu or search capability. Just long scroll lists under categories like documentary, mysteries, etc. 

There must be SOME way to search?!?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn TV on Roku: how the heck do you SEARCH?

Hi @Head_Unit,

Thanks for inquiring about a movie here in the Roku Community!

The Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and Midsomer Murders series are available on the Roku channel for stream. To search these, kindly navigate to your channel tile and open The Roku Channel. Then, navigate to the left side of the screen and scroll to the bottom, and you will see a magnifying glass icon. From there, you'll be able to search for the movies that you'd like to stream by searching the whole title of the movies/series.

Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Head_Unit
Binge Watcher

Re: Acorn TV on Roku: how the heck do you SEARCH?

Thanks...but there IS NO "left" that's maybe the problem. If I press left left left left on the Roku remote it just keeps cycling through the titles in whatever category I went up/down to. If I didn't clarify before, this is "The ROKU Channel - Acorn TV"

???

I'm going a bit nuts because for instance last week I stumbled on Midsomer Murders with the original guy (but not all the seasons?) yet now all I see is Midsomer Murders Neil Dudgeon's Top 10 Moments

Uh...now I'm in some mode where scrolling vertically popped up a magnifying glass icon that says "Search Provider" but that never showed up before...I'm confused. And now I can find Midsomer but I can play on Acorn on The Roku Channel or just Roku Channel...

0 Kudos