Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

ATTENTION ROKU EMPLOYEE CHECK THESE MESSAGE BOARDS

Let's try this sh-- again:  I contacted Roku about 'Coach' having picture quality issues on the Roku channel.  Jul 16, 2023, 13:43 PDT responded and said issue was resolved.  It was NOT resolved.  Another customer on here said they were told to delete app and re-add it.  This does nothing.  It's ONE tv show with the issue so it's obvious your suggestion is useless.  The picture acts like its still loading at 244p and NEVER gets better.  This seems to be on the first 3 seasons of the show(that I've checked, it could be more).  YOU HAVE AN ISSUE, IT'S ON YOUR END, NOTHING YOU TELL US WILL FIX IT BECAUSE -AGAIN- IT'S ON YOUR END.  TRUST ME/US ON THIS OK?  ONCE AGAIN:  COACH(90'S SITCOM), ROKU CHANNEL, FIRST 3 SEAONS, CHUNKY IMAGE LIKE YOU WOULD SEE AT MAYBE 244P OR 360P OR WHATEVER.  THANKS.  AND MAKE IT EASIER FOR US TO EMAIL YOU!!! WHAT A LAZY COMPANY.  AGGRIVATING!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Re: ATTENTION ROKU EMPLOYEE CHECK THESE MESSAGE BOARDS

STILL AN ISSUE.  WILL THIS BE FIXED OR NOT? THE SHOW IS UNWATCHABLE.  RIDICULOUS.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku tech support does not monitor the forum. Roku does have employees that monitor here, but they are not tech support and at best can only relay a message to the support staff. They have no power to get support to do anything. 

If all other shows on The Roku Channel are working OK, then there's probably something amiss with the video file they were provided by the content owners. They have to rely on the content owners to provide a new file, and have little power to make that happen quickly. 

If TRC is having issues with all content when you try to watch, then perhaps there's an issue with TRC on your device. The first troubleshooting step is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step, do not skip) then add the channel back.

You could also try watching the same video on a different device and see if it plays correctly there. You can watch The Roku Channel online, and some Smart TVs have it available as an app in their app store.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cjdj1278
Streaming Star

Hey Dan.  

Thanks for your explanation.  It isn't just Coach.  Missing, Just Shoot me, Sliders, Drop Dead Diva, Strong medicine, movie Thirst, Benson, Jeff Foxworthy show.  Just a few I have checked.   It truly is a Roku problem. 

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

A lot of shows are also on other apps like Tubi, Pluto & Freevee.  Try them - I have switched to those apps as much as I can for shows that are on multiple apps.  Unfortunately Coach is one of those shows that is only on Roku, and thats the one I watch the most.  I have found at least 7-8 shows on other apps that I am going to start using instead of Roku.  Freevee & Tubi are the 2 apps to look at first.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.