Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K-em_see
Reel Rookie

AMC+ for Roku removed mad men mid watch and I can't keep watching it on the regular AMC+ app

I was in the middle of watching mad men, which is why I got AMC+ on the Roku channel, but it disappeared from my view history and it's not showing it's available. Only available through the AMC+ app. So I tried to sign up for that, but it won't let me with an active subscription to it through Roku. I cancelled it, but it still won't let me use the AMC+ app. Horrible experience. Is there anything I can do?

8 REPLIES 8
coco5430
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC+ for Roku removed mad men mid watch and I can't keep watching it on the regular AMC+ app

Following!!

EXACT same here.

I was just starting Mad Men Season 6 and had subscribed to AMC+ on Roku just for this show. It's wildly crazy there wouldn't be some kind of notice that the show had a limited streaming window or that it would be removed in T-# of days. Really terrible customer service and communication.

wanderlove
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC+ for Roku removed mad men mid watch and I can't keep watching it on the regular AMC+ app

Same: I subscribed to AMC+ for Roku specifically to watch Mad Men. The show disappeared last night.

Search results for Mad Men include the standalone AMC and AMC+ apps, but they no longer include AMC+ for Roku.

@Roku: what gives?

I figured it out by cancelling my AMC+ membership that was tied to my YouTube TV account and then went into my Amazon Prime video account and signed up for AMC+ there. I now have access to all of the episodes commercial free (again).

coco5430
Reel Rookie

Thank you for posting this! This does nothing to change my disappointment and frustration with the communication between AMC+ and Roku and between Roku and it's customers. 

Nemesis55

same problem with me…..was watching MAD MEN using AMC+ on Roku Channel and Roku removed the show starting on Oct 1st  

What I did:

1-Went to Roku WEBSITE, signed in, and CANCELLED my AMC+ on Roku subscription 

2-Called customer service at (816) 272-8106.   Asked for refund of $8.99 subscription that I paid on Sept 28th because I can’t watch    They processed a credit. 

to continue watching the show, you will have to go into AMAZON PRIME or APPLE TV, search for it and pay 1 of those services to see it.

if you try to go directly to AMC+ and sign up…..you will get a error message that you still have a subscription and it will try to send you back AMC+ on Roku 😡

K-em_see
Reel Rookie

Thank you! It's so ridiculous that content would vary between the app offered through Roku vs the main app. Especially when they cost the same. I will never sign up for a Roku app again and go straight to the source! 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to share further information with you.

We should also consider content licensing when determining content availability. The series Mad Men appears to no longer be offered on AMC+ via The Roku Channel as its content license has expired.

We also recommend contacting the channel provider AMC+ Support team and letting them know you'd like this series back on the Roku streaming platform. 

Hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

And yet more proof to NEVER sign up through a 3rd party, and DOUBLY NEVER through another service (almost a 4th party). You can cancel it on Prime or whatever service, wait for it to expire, then sign up direct at the service web site.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.