Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: AMC Plus subscription not showing on the app

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@brainsironiclly

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel app on Samsung TV will only be able to play The Roku Channel content as the app will not have the same features as a Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Shouldn't that be something people should be aware of upfront?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
brainsironiclly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You would think they'd tell you that before you bothered with the, basically, useless app. Oh well, like I said, at least I didn't pay for the app, then I'd have been... irked.

0 Kudos
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
You literally WOULD NOT believe the insane problems & issues I've had w/ this nutcase app, Roku & AMC+ ... We're talking just trying to stream content like a normal person after buying a premium AMC+ yearly subscription from Roku, & not in the Roku channel app, just thru a Roku device with Roku as the payment intermediary. Just wanted to have it on both my Sammy smart TV & as a standalone app in my Roku device. Only wanted it in both places because the clarity of the upscaling UHD picture on my wired TV was miles above the picture than it was with Roku's wifi connection. But they'd repeatedly force me to re-login, again & again, & also require I login using the same payment form from last Oct (who remembers that $#!+ when it was from last year?) & so when I got it incorrect? Repeatedly charged me for brand new, full yearly subscriptions each time I used the wrong credentials! It was like, dude! Seriously? SURPRISE! That's nearly a C note each time! & their response time for each one of these support requests? I think the Whitehouse, the Pentagon, & the IRS together probly respond quicker than these dudes! It's straight outta nightmare land, or maybe from one of their Shudder horror films, dealing with these moronic situations. From a business perspective? It makes no sense whatever, & seems more like a scam, or maybe they purposely want it to fail. IDK. To boot, I think their people skills are nil & border on snotty & vindictive, probly from all the similarly POed patrons they've royally screwed w/ this defunct system of theirs. Hope you had better luck somehow. God forbid people want to stream AMC Plus in two places with their one subscription! THEY WILL MAKE YOUR PAY DEARLY! And somehow turn it all around on you and make it all your fault. Crazy, huh?
Bill E.
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wildchildofgod

Greetings from Roku Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience—that's not what we aim for. To better assist you, with account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos