Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genix01
Reel Rookie

ABC News Live no longer in regular channel list

Suddenly today the ABC News Live channel has disappeared from my Live TV channels list. It is still available as a separate service on the Roku Home screen, but, even after searching for live/antenna channels again, ABC News Live is not there. WHY? I'd rather not leave the regular live TV channels line-up if I don't have to.

25 REPLIES 25
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: ABC News Live no longer in regular channel list

Hi  @Genix01

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the issue is for ABC News Live, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed by them. We indeed recommend contacting ABC News Live Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

ssj2
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue. It went missing from my feed the morning of January 31/23. It came back on in the early afternoon, and then went missing again. Today, February 1/23 it is still not listed in the regular channel list. After trying to search ABC Support for a fix, I could not find any related articles as far as ROKU programming was concerned. 

WBJamison
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same issue. Being back ABC News Live!

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @WBJamison

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Channel was removed It looks like the channel is no longer available on the Roku Channel store and cannot be located in the channel search. If you would like more information about a removed channel, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Genix01
Reel Rookie

Thank you, Karla, I appreciate your response. Seems at odds with the initial response from RokuLianna, but at after going back and forth between ABC and Roku, this seems the first time either has acknowledged responsibility. But it still doesn't explain why ABC News Live came back into the Roku channel list again before disappearing again later (still gone, sounds like for good now as you say above it has been removed.) Can you explain its re-appearance and then re-dis-appearance?

0 Kudos
Genix01
Reel Rookie

Yup, ssj2, I experienced the same on-again-off-again of ABC News Live. Gone again as of this morning and per Karla (below) it sounds like it's gone for good (from Live TV channel list that is). Thanks for response - I was feeling like it was just me experiencing this. Crossing my fingers just in case.

WBJamison
Reel Rookie

Why was ABC News Live removed?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

You may need to contact to ABC owner Disney and ask what is going on.

0 Kudos
Justdann
Binge Watcher

I too have lost the ABC News Live channel.  It appears only the NBC and Fox are now listed.  This happened shortly after the removal of the "Holiday Channels" listed on the Roku Live channel listings.  I'm sure someone pretending they are from Roku will post a reply to contact ABC News on this, and I would appreciate they keep their comments to themselves. 

0 Kudos