Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linclark58

Can't access Acorn through Roku on another user's device

Husband has purchased Acorn through Roku on his Roku account.

I want to be able to watch it with his login on my new Roku device (different account).  When I click on Acorn TV in the Roku Channel, I only have the option to trial/subscribe.  I do not have the option to log in with my husband's ID and password..  Shouldn't Acorn T on Roku be available on any account with the correct name and password?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't access Acorn through Roku on another user's device

@linclark58-

Subscriptions made through Roku are attached to the Roku account being used at the time.  They can only be viewed on a Roku linked to that same Roku account. 

If you want to view on other Roku accounts, and/or other device platforms altogether, subscribe directly with the streaming service on its website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos