Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nhendric
Channel Surfer

$.99 2 month trial for showtime and epix

I signed up online for the 2 month 99 cents trials for Show and Epix. I can view them via my computer but they are not appearing on my roku tv. Last time I did this a new channel was added such as Epix through Roku tv. That is not showing and if i click on a show from them within roku tv it asks me to sign up. I also did power/system restart.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: $.99 2 month trial for showtime and epix

Hey @Nhendric, we understand that being unable to access the content you have subscribed to is no fun but don't worry, we are here to help. 

When you subscribe to premium subscriptions through 3rd party systems like The Roku Channel, your account is with that 3rd party acting as an agent for the channel, not with the channel itself.  These subscriptions are typically only viewable via the 3rd party service through which you subscribed. In Roku's case, many are viewed via The Roku Channel.

When trying to access your content are you attempting to do so from the stand-alone channels provided by the channel partner? We recommend attempting to access your content via The Roku Channel directly.

Let us know if this helps. If the issues still persist please let us know by replying to this post or sending us a message directly and we would be happy to help look into this further.  

0 Kudos
Nhendric
Channel Surfer

I am attempting to access it via the roku channel app. If I click on a showtime or epix show it shows me the various paid signup options with no reference that I have a  subscription already.

As mentioned, I can view the content on my computer but not on my roku tvs.

The last time I did a trial through roku it actually added a channel near the roku channel app that was titled Showtime via Roku or something to that effect. That did not happen this time and I can not access the content via the roku tv app in my roku tv which is on the same account as I signed up with via the computer.

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us. We are going to send you a private message so we can collect some more information and investigate further.

0 Kudos
Nhendric
Channel Surfer

I received the private message but there has been no follow-up since and I still can not access they channels.

Thanks,

Noel

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Nhendric, glad to see that you received our private message. In order to aid us in looking into this matter, we ask that you respond to our message with the requested information. If you need us to send you another private message, let us know. We look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Nhendric
Channel Surfer

I did respond to it with the info you requested.

0 Kudos
Nhendric
Channel Surfer

I have replied for a 3rd time just now.

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Nhendric, thanks for the update. We will be reaching out shortly via private message.

0 Kudos