Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMH30144

3rd Rock From The Sun now missing

On my TCL Roku TV, I've been watching reruns of '3rd Rock From The Sun' for nearly 2 weeks now. Got through Season 1 and finished the first 2 episodes of Season 2. Now it's no longer available on The Roku Channel. Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3rd Rock From The Sun now missing

When Roku licenses something for TRC, it's always time limited. Sometimes they don't even get access to every season, or even every episode. But when their contract ends to provide the content, it's removed from TRC.

This is one area that Roku could greatly improve their service, by maintaining a list of titles with their time out dates. Netflix makes such info available (although not always easy to find), but I can't find Roku listing that information anywhere. In fairness, I never seen such info available on Prime Video either. I've had titles that I've watched for free with my Prime account, and if I wanted to watch it again it's now pay per view or purchase. It's removed from Prime availability without notice. I don't subscribe to any other service, so I can't say if anyone but Netflix offers that info.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: 3rd Rock From The Sun now missing

@atc98092 wrote:

When Roku licenses something for TRC, it's always time limited. Sometimes they don't even get access to every season, or even every episode. But when their contract ends to provide the content, it's removed from TRC.

This is one area that Roku could greatly improve their service, by maintaining a list of titles with their time out dates. Netflix makes such info available (although not always easy to find), but I can't find Roku listing that information anywhere. In fairness, I never seen such info available on Prime Video either. I've had titles that I've watched for free with my Prime account, and if I wanted to watch it again it's now pay per view or purchase. It's removed from Prime availability without notice. I don't subscribe to any other service, so I can't say if anyone but Netflix offers that info.

In a similar fashion, Netflix used to provide content from The Walt Disney Company back during the 2010s.  Netflix’s deal with Disney ended around 2019, and that was when Disney’s own service, Disney + was created.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.