Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Sling App can’t access DVR data

Sling and other live TV services such as YouTube TV use a "cloud DVR". Nothing is stored in your Roku. You can watch your cloud recordings from any supported device. But the issue is NOT on Roku's end. 

0 Kudos
Streamernow
Reel Rookie

I’m certain most are aware of that fact. But when an app works everywhere but a certain platform, it is reasonable to question the platform AND the app creator to ferret out a solution. An buggy update by the platform or the app creator could reasonably be considered the problem. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Roku does not make the Sling channel ( not apps on a Roku). The DVR is stored in the cloud on Slings servers. That means you can access your recordings from anywhere in the world using a compatible device. The issue should be reported to Sling and not a Roku community forum. No one from Sling works here or will see this thread. Your recordings can be viewed on a laptop until the channel is updated. Most problems are only temporary anyways. Usually resolved within 24--48 hours on it's own. Most DVR recordings such as a show can be viewed on demand also.

0 Kudos
DimlyLit
Reel Rookie

The event is over. You can stop replying. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dhxia364

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Sling support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AjH23
Reel Rookie

I cant record anything. I just subscribed yesterday and have speant hours rying to figure out how to record, There is no record option, just watch now. And cant get hru to chat as that always seems to be down. So I have nexer even recored one show yet!

Not sure what to do now as I cnt even contact them. Really wanted to use Sling and save some money but now Im not sure.

0 Kudos
LisaT802
Reel Rookie

Are you wanting to record OTA or regular cable channels ?  Also did you sign up for the DVR when you requested the subscription?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
AjH23
Reel Rookie

I'm trying to record cable channels and I don't have to signup for dvr service as it's free. There is only a cost if you want more hours.

There is no option to record. Tried on 5 diffrent devices with no luck. The only option is to watch channel and from iv seen the record option should be right next to it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
LisaT802
Reel Rookie

@AjH23 Do you have a computer ?  If so go to sling.com and on bottom right it says chat. I've had it for years and never had an issue

0 Kudos