Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattn94

Paramount plus and peacock suddenly not working

We’ve been using paramount plus, peacock and nbc sports successfully on our Roku streaming device for a while, and it suddenly stopped working, giving random error messages (playback error, try again, etc). We can get them to work on other devices (laptop, iPad) so I don’t think it’s user error. I’ve uninstalled the channels, done a system reboot on Roku, updated the Roku and channels to the latest version, but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Seems I can’t contact Roku for support. 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount plus and peacock suddenly not working

@mattn94

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in this order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirstiboo
Reel Rookie

I'm having same issues. No idea what the problem is.  No way to contact "support". SUPER. ANNOYED. I hope the uninstall re-install suggestion works 

0 Kudos
Kirstiboo
Reel Rookie

Also, there is no "remove channel"option coming up on my peacock or Paramount? What is happening? HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kirstiboo

Thanks for the post.

If you do not have an option to remove the channel, it is because you are subscribed to the channel through Roku Pay. In this case, you would need to unsubscribe first, then you should be able to remove the channel. After removing the channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again and then resubscribing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos