Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mckin51
Reel Rookie

Re: New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue  but on the Desktop on watch.spectrum.net   and  the apps works fine and my connection speed is 200 i think it is due to way they change the website streaming after the Flash went away in January to DRM and webrtc  and i had a Spectrum tech come out last saturday and he test everything and change out my modem and he Suggested it could be a Issue with the Spectrum's servers  that they used for the streaming. and i add the webrtc extension to my chrome browser it help some and i even try the opera browser. 

0 Kudos
Buck10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm still having trouble even on the desktop.   I think with all the money I pay to Spectrum, and have for years they should be able to fix their services.   I've even be having trouble with my phone.   I will be talking to someone when they call me and it just goes dead.  I'm afraid to call them because the last time I did they said their was nothing wrong with the equipment and charged me over one hundred dollars for the service call.   Good luck

0 Kudos
Mckin51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Buck10 wrote:

I'm still having trouble even on the desktop.   I think with all the money I pay to Spectrum, and have for years they should be able to fix their services.   I've even be having trouble with my phone.   I will be talking to someone when they call me and it just goes dead.  I'm afraid to call them because the last time I did they said their was nothing wrong with the equipment and charged me over one hundred dollars for the service call.   Good luck

HI Buck10,

Have you try contact them on @askspectrum on twitter direct message or try their live chat when you sign into your spectrum account. when that little blue tab popup at bottom right. and type the live chat  to get around that vitual help  with everyone having issue with the buffing it got to be on their end. 

0 Kudos
Juan0
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@AJ86 According to your analogy it would seem the culprit would be Roku not Spectrum, since Roku is not getting paid they would theoretically have cause to cut back on Spectrum connection to get you to uninstall the app.

Because as Daffy Duck would say "consequences, smartsequinces, so long as I'm rich" (Spectrum: so long as I get paid) "who cares."

Roku would have no incentive to fix this issue nor service it, to them it's not in there interest if they are no longer gaining any revenue from the Spectrum app.

Bottom line, it seems we're screwed!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We had Spectrum service out here this week, basically they said it does it to everyone. He was here for a couple hours and checked all connections and speeds. All were good. App still buffers, I find myself using a lot of apps like Fox Sports, ESPN, etc. I'm about to draw a line in the sand!

0 Kudos
donb119

Jump to solution

I guess Spectrum doesn't attend this forum? I see no responses from them nor any solutions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @donb119,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on Spectrum or all channels on your Roku device?

If you occasionally see poor video quality or rebuffering, this may be due to network congestion.

• Check whether your internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, AT&T, Spectrum) is currently experiencing issues.
  • Reduce usage of other devices currently accessing the network, such as other streaming players, computers, game consoles, and mobile devices.

We recommend contacting Spectrum directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries.

You can reach Spectrum TV support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/category/tv/ 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frroberts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Its so frustrating. I have up to 1 gig speed and STILL get buffering. 

0 Kudos
Pjd813
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Check every aspect of your internal internet. You may get your full speed from your cable company but the bottleneck may be your router, the modem, the placement of the ROKU if your using WIFI or even your Ethernet connection. I was having buffering problems for a while and I then put in newer technology Powerline connectors and the buffering has gone away - it’s been a few months since I upgraded. 

0 Kudos
Frroberts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have eero and service is great for everything but Spectrum. The app is truly becoming unusable. Looking at switching providers at this point.

0 Kudos