Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdmorg1041
Level 7

Can’t find sportsnet now or TSN Canada to stream

Jump to solution

How cold roku does not have sportsnet or TSN streaming channels ? I may have to return my devices if I can’t get these 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t find sportsnet now or TSN Canada to stream

Jump to solution

Hi @Jdmorg1041,

Thanks for the inquiry about TSN and Sportsnet not available on the Roku Canada platform.

Please be noted that channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact TSN support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Jdmorg1041,

Thanks for the inquiry about TSN and Sportsnet not available on the Roku Canada platform.

Please be noted that channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact TSN support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Roku channel apps are developed and provided by the channels themselves.  The channels decide which platforms they are going to write apps for.

TSN FAQ re devices they support makes no mention of Roku as of Mar 30, 2021:

Which devices and platforms does TSN support?

Whether you subscribe to TSN through a participating TV service provider or through TSN Direct, TSN supports the following:

• iPad, iPod and iPhone running iOS 9.0+ with AirPlay
  • Android tablets and smartphones running version 4.0+
  • Windows desktop, tablets and smartphones running version 8.1
  • IE 11+ (Must be on a Windows 8.1+ computer)
  • Chrome 58+
  • Firefox 52+
  • Edge 14+
  • Safari Mac 10.6+
  • Samsung SmartTV and blu-ray players with Samsung Smart Hub:  2014 – 2018
  • Xbox One
  • Apple TV 4+, OS version 9.0+

With more to come soon!

SPORTSNET, as far as I can tell, is a cable-type channel. Their Sportsnet Now app permits you to view Sportsnet content on computers, which I assume also includes web browsers on mobile devices, and is available at no charge if you have a paid provider subscription that carries Sportsnet.  It can also be subscribed to directly if you have no such provider subscription. I've not found any mention on the Sportsnet Now page indicating they have made apps for streaming devices.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos