Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless outdoor camera se

My camera was working great for about 5 days then all of a sudden it stopped recording any events and does not notify me of any motion or sound events. I got this to watch my mailbox because I've had credit cards stolen from my mailbox along with other identity sensitive material. The live feed works fine and I can record manually. I've check all settings, there are no rules in place effecting it. The detection zone is set and camera is adjusted in the PIR area. I even stood in front of the camera and started waving my arms. It's not recording, it's not detecting. I have turned it off and back on several times. Nothing is working. The online support page says it can not be factory reset. I feel like I got a defective device or something. I'm not happy, but I guess you get what you pay for and since it was one of the cheapest home security cameras I could find I should have known it wasn't going to be what I expected. I'm so disappointed because I already gave it a 5 star review before it stopped working. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RevDM1
Channel Surfer

Re: Wireless outdoor camera se

Just a question, did your free trial run out?  Without a subscription you can only view live video it won’t store events in the cloud. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Snyderman83 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Wireless Outdoor Camera.

Please be aware that you can factory reset Roku Smart Home devices. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on your Roku Smart Home Camera to see if you are still experiencing the same issue occur?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your Roku Smart Home Camera, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your smart home device

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you need further assistance, we will be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Not sure about you but I just purchased my outdoor wireless camera yesterday and even after increasing the sensitivity settings and switching my subscription to the new camera,  it doesn’t capture any triggers unless it is 2 feet in front of the camera.  Useless and I will returning it if Roku Danny doesn’t come back with a more helpful response.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Johncflagler 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Outdoor Camera.

Have you already tried changing the detection zone settings from within the Roku Smart Home mobile app to see if that helps what you are experiencing? 

For more information about how to change the settings of your Roku Smart Home device, visit our Support page here: Detection settings for your camera or doorbell

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than to continue assisting you should you need further assistance. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Just spent an hour on the chat getting service help for my three hour old outdoor camera.   No notifications, live camera works.  Had to end the chat because after three hours of use (sitting on my counter) the battery died.   Glad I kept the box.  I should have listened to the cashier who said, “don’t waste your money, every one I have sold has been returned”.  Do better Roku. 

0 Kudos