Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bunny713

Wireless doorbell only recording 12 seconds

I've seen it on here before. Looked through all the posts. Nothing is working to get my wireless doorbell camera to record longer than 12 seconds. Ended up with a missing Amazon package today and at only 12 seconds I have no idea where it went. Need some help. Am not happy.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless doorbell only recording 12 seconds

Hi @Bunny713,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble with your Roku Wire-Free Video Doorbell SE, which records videos with a duration of only 12 seconds. No worries, we are happy to assist you with this.

We want to confirm if all the recordings have a 12-second duration. If not, please remember that Roku Smart Home Cameras and Doorbells will only record when an event or motion is detected. However, we suggest you try to following troubleshooting steps:

Restart your video doorbell:

1. Loosen the security screw at the bottom of the doorbell
  2. Remove the backplate of your doorbell by sliding it down and then pulling it away
  3. Press the Power button to turn the doorbell off
  4. Wait 10 seconds
  5. Press the Power button again to turn the doorbell on
  6. If it does not work, uninstall the Roku Smart Home app and install it again.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Mine started doing the same thing and it's really frustrating. I paid for a service I am not receiving. I have tried everything suggested and still only get 12 seconds at a time. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @emerald1983eyes,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting suggested above and for trying to fix the issue with your Roku video doorbell, which is only recording for 12 seconds. To look closely into this issue kindly provide us with the following details:

• When did you start to experience the issue?
  • Did you receive an update before you experienced this issue?
  • What is the firmware version of your Roku Video doorbell?

In the meantime, I highly suggest trying to set up again your Roku Video doorbell.

You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue:

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

Remove your device from the Roku Smart Home app:

If it is difficult to access your smart home device to perform a reset, delete it from the smart home app instead.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Delete device

After your device is deleted from the app, visit the How to set up your Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and Chime SE

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.