Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylanSmartHome
Binge Watcher

Wire-Free Video Doorbell SE, can I rotate the video?

Jump to solution

I installed my Roku doorbell horizontally because that the only way it would cover the holes left by the original traditional doorbell I replaced it with and because it wouldn't fit the siding panels vertically without hanging over a siding panel edge?

But while I see the option to see the full round fisheye image or to straighten the image and crop it a bit to get a square image, there's no option to rotate it 90 or 270 degrees? This is more an annoyance than a critical issue, but it seems like an obvious option to have and find it strange it's not available. 

I see an option for my indoor Roku cameras to rotate 180 degrees, but not 90 or 270 degrees. Thing is those cameras can be easily rotated physically, so digital rotation isn't as important. But no rotation options for the doorbell at all? Given that has no physical rotation option once it's mounted, lack of digital rotation seems a huge omission? And the crop/straighten option it does have seems a much more complex coding, video processing task to have added than simple rotation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wire-Free Video Doorbell SE, can I rotate the video?

Jump to solution

Hi @DylanSmartHome @Markablack36 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Smart Home doorbell has only one orientation and video streaming cannot be changed.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Jump to solution

Having the same issue.  Any fixes? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DylanSmartHome @Markablack36 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Smart Home doorbell has only one orientation and video streaming cannot be changed.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos