Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgarrett624
Reel Rookie

Viewing playback on Roku cameras

Jump to solution

Hello, do you think there will be available to view the playback of the Roku cameras through the app as Wyze has anytime soon? This was a big selling point for me when I went to Wyze and switched to Roku to see the cameras on my TVs when needed. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Viewing playback on Roku cameras

Jump to solution

@hgarrett624

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you must purchase a Roku Smart Home subscription to view event video recordings saved to the cloud.

For more details information about how to view event video recordings, visit our Support page here: View recordings on your camera or doorbell

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@hgarrett624

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you must purchase a Roku Smart Home subscription to view event video recordings saved to the cloud.

For more details information about how to view event video recordings, visit our Support page here: View recordings on your camera or doorbell

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
hgarrett624
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, yes I have the subscription service and know how to watch the events. However I want to be able to go back and see everything that the camera has recorded to the SD card like I can with my wyze cameras, not just the events. I want to be able to rewind and see the events leading up as well. 

PeteyPete941
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

not only is it a joke that you have to pay for watching some thing that you're recording onto an SD card? It's a joke that you can only watch one minute intervals that are pre-recorded but you have to take the SD card out and put it into a computer like are you kidding me bro do you really messed up here? I don't even know why you were down this road of getting Wi-Fi cameras through Wyze if you're just going to sabotage everything that makes Wyze good  and try to sell your pitch of a business if that's what you wanna call it in this area. I am beyond disappointed with Roku Wi-Fi cameras. The cameras themselves are good quality. It's just the options they don't have and the things you have to do and the loops of bs you have to go through in order to get basic features Just a company that just wants your money. Well I'm glad I only paid 20 bucks for the camera to try it out Roku you suck.

Wyze stop doing business with these people they dont mean well. 

PeteyPete941
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

so we buy the camera and buy the sd card and plug it in and record it and you hold it hostage and make us pay to see it by removing simple features that more then likely were already part of the cameras OS considering how ROKU came into getting its hand on the cameras through wyze. 

Then the cherry on it all is the sd card does record one min lengths of video but in order to view them, you have to take the SD card out of the Wi-Fi camera and put it into a computer and watch it. That way. I wish I was making this up because just saying it out loud makes me feel stupid I don't know if Roku what about this trying to think of everywhere they could mess something up but that's how it seems to me. I don't know if wise just thought sure I'll show you some old cameras that we're not gonna use anyway because we're advancing technology and Roku was like yeah we're by the old stuff and make it worse golly if you guys wanna head honcho over there to make some money to do this right 

wow

renewal

Jump to solution

Please put it on your product roadmap to release the feature to allow users to view continuous video playback from a micro SD card in the app without the need to remove the card to review the continuous video recordings. 

Many of your Roku smart camera users migrated from Wyze smart cameras to use the Roku cameras with our Roku TVs with the expectation the camera and app will be exactly the same with an added feature Roku is providing, i.e. smart tv camera viewing. Your camera and app is built on the Wyze platform already. We are very aware and used to this feature we are requesting. 

Yes, many are already subscribers to Roku’s cloud-based event recordings, No, we do not want to insert an SD card for continuous recordings only to have to remove the SD card to view its recordings. Defeats the purpose completely. Event recordings are not enough for what this product and app is already capable of especially when the parent company has already developed this. 

if you are a Roku smart camera user, please like this post to get the attention of the product team to release an update with this feature. Let your voice be heard. 

PeteyPete941
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

glad someone else sees what im saying 

hackztor
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Stupid design if Roku indeed did this. Having to take an sd card out in 2023 (that used to be needed when cameras were not wifi...). Im not expanding in my cameras to the Roku brand until this is added. Rest of my cameras stay in Yi land till then. What worries me is its been a year and is still like this, just let us know if it is going to be added or not so I do not waste my time waiting.

kitnaMae
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This needs to be remedied. I spent a good amount of money on cameras from Roku and had I known this... I would not have purchased Roku at all. I have a subscription and an SD card in all my cams but I can't use the app to playback video from anytime of my choosing? This is unacceptable. Not worth the money and I will be letting others know not to use Roku cams. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate your feedback and suggestions about viewing playback on Roku cameras. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Please be advised that the recording can last on the Roku Mobile App's cloud for fourteen days only. We currently don't have an option to sync the recorded videos from the SD card to the Roku Mobile App's cloud, especially the ones that have been stored for more than 14 days. To know more about it, kindly check out this support article here on Roku Smart Home subscription benefits and setting up and viewing recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos