Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aysiae

View videos after subscription ended

Jump to solution

I’m wondering if there is a way to access videos from my indoor camera that were recorded before my home subscription trial ended? I need footage from a specific day/time and I’m no longer able to access them on my app. Since  I didn’t pay to renew my free trial are those files lost forever or if I renew my subscription will I be able to view them again? Or is there an alternative way to view the specific video im looking for like in the cloud or SD card?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: View videos after subscription ended

Jump to solution

Greetings @Aysiae 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry of Roku Smart Home subscriptions.

Please be aware that with a Roku Smart Home subscription, Video clips are stored for 14 days. So depending on the date that you are looking to review, it's possible that the video you are looking to access may still be stored in the cloud for review with a Roku Smart Home subscription.

For more detailed information about what is included with your Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

We hope this provides clarification.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Aysiae 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry of Roku Smart Home subscriptions.

Please be aware that with a Roku Smart Home subscription, Video clips are stored for 14 days. So depending on the date that you are looking to review, it's possible that the video you are looking to access may still be stored in the cloud for review with a Roku Smart Home subscription.

For more detailed information about what is included with your Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

We hope this provides clarification.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yfy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How do we download and save videos from our cameras that are in the 14 day cloud storage, to our phone or computer so we can view or share them after the 14 days are up. 

I saw some mention somewhere in your marketing pages  of “album” but no instructions given. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Yfy 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding how to view videos from your Roku Smart Home devices.

You can share and download recordings in the smart home app. Downloading a recording will save it to the gallery on your mobile device. Sharing a recording will prompt you to select an app and then generate a message with the recording in the selected app.

1. On the Home screen, tap Events
  2. Select the event
  3. Tap the Download or Share icon

For more information about how to download or share your stored videos, visit our Support page here: View recordings on your camera or doorbell

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos