Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah09

Someone using the same Wi-Fi can also watch my cameras?

My apartment building all shares the same Wi-Fi. On my Roku tv remote it shows me lots of different Roku tvs and people connect to my tv on accident and same to them, playing YouTube videos on someone else’s tv.  I can’t get my tv to recognize my camera but it’s connected to my phone. Is it connected to someone else’s tv in my building? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sarah09

Re: Someone using the same Wi-Fi can also watch my cameras?

HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Someone using the same Wi-Fi can also watch my cameras?

Hi @Sarah09,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate the information and for reaching out about this.

It seems like we need more details about it, and to better understand, could you please elaborate on this issue going on?

How long have you been experiencing this? In addition to that, below are a few points that should be kept in mind:

The serial number of each Roku device is unique and cannot be passed along to another person, nor can it be accessed by anyone else.

We would appreciate it if you could elaborate on this issue for us so that we can gain a deeper understanding of it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.