Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theater205

Re: Smart home app issues. Saying failed shortcut list update

The above worked for me upon receiving the "2001" error code. Uninstalled app, restarted Android device, reinstalled and re-registered device...bingo.

0 Kudos
Goldsmith

Failed to update ERROR CODE 2001 

FIX IT

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Goldsmith, try removing the app and reinstalling it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rramm67

I am having the same issue what did you do to fix the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rramm67 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend first closing out the Roku Smart Home app and then opening it again to see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jtsurfmom

I'm having the same issues. I had to delete the app, restart phone, then reinstall the app.  So, Danny, when will this be fixed?  I was going to buy a second one but I'm going to wait until this issue is rectified.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jtsurfmom 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Before deleting the app, restarting your mobile device, and adding the app back again, we would recommend trying to force close the Roku Smart Home mobile app and launching it again to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djsanti348

Danny this does not fix the issue.  Only deleting and reinstalling, but then it comes back.  This is an issue with the app not every ones phone.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @djsanti348 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Roku Smart Home mobile app. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• mobile device brand, model and OS version
  • provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mwh7

What does the 2001 error means?

0 Kudos