Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mstara25
Channel Surfer

Roku wireless doorbell not recording only taking images

Jump to solution

Anybody else having problems out of the wireless doorbell not recording any more? All i get is images it’s been like this for a week now. Even when I’m not home & someone rings my doorbell i press record and it exit out the whole app. Can someone help me i don’t know what’s going on.. #rokudoorbell 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wireless doorbell not recording only taking images

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional information, @Mstara25!

We'll be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku doorbell camera. Please try to turn the detection sensitivity to 100 by going to Doorbell Live Stream Settings Detection Zone. If you begin to receive too many notifications, you can lower the sensitivity by 5-10 notches at a time.

If the problem persists, please try removing the camera from the Roku smart home app and re-setting it up.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us updated on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Msrhorta49

Jump to solution

do you have a subscription with them?

0 Kudos
Mstara25
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mstara25,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku doorbell camera since it was not recording. We're happy to help. You can set your smart home camera or video doorbell to record an event when it detects motion and/or sound. If neither detection setting is enabled, the camera will not record events. You can change detection settings for motion and sound in the app.

1. Select your camera from the Home screen.
  2. Tap Settings in the corner.
  3. Tap Event Recording.
  4. Toggle each detection setting on or off.

You can change the zone detection, motion tagging, and sensitivity settings further to adjust when an event recording is triggered. If you purchase a smart home subscription, smart detection can be used to identify when an event is triggered by a person, pet, vehicle, or package.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mstara25
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve did all of this and still nothing. It just started a week ago i just want it fix and back working right 

0 Kudos
Mstara25
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Now when i go in my setting it’s saying loading then operate failed 

0 Kudos
Mstara25
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Even when I’m not home when i try to record from my phone on the doorbell camera it exit out the whole app. Is Roku having problems? This is aggravating 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mstara25,

Thank you for the update!

We would like to gather more information regarding this issue you had with the Roku doorbell camera since it is not recording. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Have you attempted to see if the Roku doorbell camera and smart home app have any updates available? If so, kindly attempt to update.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mstara25
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I’ve checked everyday for a update and it’s no update.. I’ve even restarted my camera as a new one still didn’t help

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional information, @Mstara25!

We'll be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku doorbell camera. Please try to turn the detection sensitivity to 100 by going to Doorbell Live Stream Settings Detection Zone. If you begin to receive too many notifications, you can lower the sensitivity by 5-10 notches at a time.

If the problem persists, please try removing the camera from the Roku smart home app and re-setting it up.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us updated on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.