Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emloo9413

Roku camera model CS1000X not playing event video recording

Jump to solution

I purchased the $3.99 Roku subscription and do have a sad card inserted as well. I am not able to playback videos as stated on the purchase description. How can I fix this? It said I would be able to go to events and click on the image I wanted to playback and it would but it is only a still photo, not any video clip. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback not working for Roku camera model ca1000x

Jump to solution

Hi @Emloo9413,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know that your Roku Indoor Camera does not have a video recording event even if you have an active subscription to the Roku Smart Home camera. We would be glad to provide you with further assistance with this concern.

We all know that the Roku Smart Home device will only record if an event or motion is detected. For now, I highly suggest you try uninstalling your Roku Smart Home app and reinstalling it again. After that, proceed with the new steps below.

How to choose what to record:

To manage which events are recorded when a motion event is detected, follow these steps.

1. Select your device from the Home screen. Make sure your camera is on and you can view the live stream.
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Select Event recordings
  4. Toggle on Record motion events
  5. Select Smart detection events instead of All motion events
  6. Tap Smart detection

Tap smart detections

1. Toggle off the event types you do not wish to record

Toggle off the event types you do not want to record

For more help, you can visit our support article: How to use smart detection for your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

If the issue is not resolved after trying the troubleshooting steps above, kindly provide us the following details below so that we can coordinate this concern with our appropriate team.

• DID/MAC: 
  • Roku Model: 
  • Firmware version: 
  • Log ID: (pull up your Roku Smart Home app home page > select Account > Roku Support > Submit a Log)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback not working for Roku camera model ca1000x

Jump to solution

Hi @Emloo9413,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know that your Roku Indoor Camera does not have a video recording event even if you have an active subscription to the Roku Smart Home camera. We would be glad to provide you with further assistance with this concern.

We all know that the Roku Smart Home device will only record if an event or motion is detected. For now, I highly suggest you try uninstalling your Roku Smart Home app and reinstalling it again. After that, proceed with the new steps below.

How to choose what to record:

To manage which events are recorded when a motion event is detected, follow these steps.

1. Select your device from the Home screen. Make sure your camera is on and you can view the live stream.
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Select Event recordings
  4. Toggle on Record motion events
  5. Select Smart detection events instead of All motion events
  6. Tap Smart detection

Tap smart detections

1. Toggle off the event types you do not wish to record

Toggle off the event types you do not want to record

For more help, you can visit our support article: How to use smart detection for your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

If the issue is not resolved after trying the troubleshooting steps above, kindly provide us the following details below so that we can coordinate this concern with our appropriate team.

• DID/MAC: 
  • Roku Model: 
  • Firmware version: 
  • Log ID: (pull up your Roku Smart Home app home page > select Account > Roku Support > Submit a Log)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AnnieDee

Re: Roku camera model CS1000X not playing event video recording

Jump to solution

I was having the exact same problem with all seven of my Roku cameras… four inside the house, two doorbells, and one on the back of the house. All thumbnails showed a timed event, but when I clicked on it, it would not play any video at all. I was ready to throw them all in the garbage. I decided to delete the app on my phone, restart it, and download the app again. It worked! All seven are recording AND playing recorded events! Give it a try. I hope it works for you too!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.